General Matrix Multiply (GEMM) sample demonstrates how to efficiently utilize an OpenCL™ device to perform general matrix multiply operation on two dense square matrices. The primary target devices that are suitable for this sample are the devices with cache memory: Intel® Xeon Phi™ and Intel® Architecture CPU devices.
- Optimizes trivial matrix multiplication nested loop to utilize the memory cache more efficiently
- Supports single-precision and double-precision data types
- Demonstrates how to use different storage methods for matrices
- Demonstrates how to utilize the automatic vectorizer efficiently and avoid gathers
Supported Devices: CPU, Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessor
Supported OS: Windows* and Linux* OS
Complexity Level: Intermediate
Refer to the sample release notes for information on system requirements.
For more information about the sample refer to the sample User's Guide inside the sample package.
ZIP sample package contains sample files for Windows* OS
TAR.GZ sample package contains sample files for Linux* OS.
* OpenCL and the OpenCL logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos.