Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC SDK Capabilities
Intel CS for WebRTC provides four separate client SDKs to allow development of real-time communication applications:
- Android* applications using the Intel CS for WebRTC Client SDK for Android*
- iOS* applications using the Intel CS for WebRTC Client SDK for iOS*
- Windows* applications using the Intel CS for WebRTC Client SDK for Windows*
Main features include:
- Peer-to-Peer (P2P) and conference communications
- High-performance video codecs by leveraging from the device hardware acceleration
- VP8, VP9, H.264 and HEVC video codec
- G.711, and Opus for audio codec
- Mainstream browsers support includes Chrome*, Firefox* and Microsoft Edge*
- Fine grained API control on codec type, resolution, frame rate, and bitrate configurations
- High reliability with auto error recovery and comprehensive error handling
- Greater flexibility through customized stream input APIs with raw/encoded video frames as well as image filtering channel for mobile native SDKs
- Strong adaptability through optimized QoS control to media processing and transmission based on WebRTC technology
- Excellent client connectivity through NAT and firewall traversal with STUN / TURN / ICE support
- Close monitoring through real-time network statistics report for all connections
Intel CS for WebRTC Conference Server provides an efficient WebRTC-based video conference service that scales single WebRTC stream out to many endpoints.
- Flexible and Adaptive Multipoint Control Unit (MCU) Server
Intel CS for WebRTC MCU server can offer video conference rooms that provide both forward and mix stream to allow participants with different processing capability and network bandwidth. It supports VP8, VP9, H.264 and HEVC video codec, and G.711, Opus and pluggable AAC audio codec. It allows developers to customize the mixed video layout, compliant with RFC5707 (MSML).
- High-Performance Media Processing Capability
Intel CS for WebRTC MCU server is built on top of Intel® Media Server Studio, and it is highly optimized for Intel® Core™ processors with Intel® Iris™ Pro and Intel® HD Graphics technology. Thus, the server can deliver cutting-edge streaming media performance with high cost-effectiveness. For more information about Intel Iris Pro technology, visit www.intel.com.
- Easy to Deploy, Integrate, and Scale
Intel CS for WebRTC MCU server can be deployed with limited steps, and provides pluggable integration modules as well as open APIs to work with existing enterprise systems. Additionally, it can be easily scaled to cluster mode and serve many more users.
- High Availability with Fault Tolerance or Resilience
Intel CS for WebRTC MCU server components provide fault tolerance or resilience to help achieve RTC service’s high availability. According to different component characteristics, either auto error recovery or error report back plus resource cleanup service are provided.
- Secure and Reliable with Intelligent QoS support
Intel CS for WebRTC MCU server ensures conference data security through HTTPS, secure WebSocket, SRTP/DTLS, etc. It provides Intelligent QoS control (such as FIR, NACK, FEC), dynamic bit-rate control, and protects the conference quality against high packet loss and network bandwidth variance.
Intel CS for WebRTC Gateway enables WebRTC interoperability with traditional RTC systems, such as bi-directional communication between WebRTC and SIP clients.
Additional features include:
- Support for VP8 and H.264 video streams from different communication clients
- Support for G.711, G.722 and Opus audio codec