This page walks you through the process of creating an Apple Development Certificate, which enables you to create a development provisioning profile and p12 file. As you use your Apple Developer account to generate your Apple Developer Certificate, you will also generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) as explained below.
Select the Development Category
1 - After you sign into your Apple Developer account, click Member Center, click Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles, and click Certificates.
2 - Select Development.
Select the Category iOS App Development
3 - Click the + to create a new certificate. You can only have two per account. If you already
have two, you will need to delete one before you can continue.
4 - Under Development, select (check) iOS App Development and press Continue.
Create CSR File
5 - On an Apple OS X* system, click Continue to create a CSR.
If you do not have an Apple OS X system and have not yet uploaded a certificate to the Intel XDK build system, you can create a CSR file using the Intel XDK Build tab:
- In the Intel XDK Build tab, click the iOS build tile.
- Click the Edit button next to iOS Certificate.
- In step 1a, click the download button and save the CSR file to your local system.
Select CSR and Generate Certificate
6 - Choose to use the CSR you created and downloaded from the Intel® XDK.
7 - After you have chosen the CSR, click Generate to create your development certificate.
Download Your Apple Development Certificate
8 - Once it has been generated, download your certificate (.cer file) to your local file system.
After you generate an Apple Developer Certificate, you can:
- Use it when generating an iOS Development Provisioning Profile using your Apple Developer account as well as export a P12 File using an Apple OS X development system.
- Also generate an App Store and Ad Hoc distribution certificate - see Creating an Apple iOS* App Store and Ad Hoc Certificate.