You want to know what the Intel® XDK is or how to use it? Maybe both! Here's a quick overview. Below you will find features and how to get started....
What is the Intel® XDK?
The Intel® XDK is an HTML5 web development environment that is meant to simplify creating mobile web applications that work on most mobile devices, operating systems, and screen sizes. This means you can do the following:
- Write HTML, CSS, and JS based web applications in an editor made for web development
- Create compelling applications that can talk to your device accelerometer, GPS, or camera
- Save test time by pushing your application to a device via wifi or cell signal between changes
- Run your application on 17 virtual devices that can simulate GPS, accelerometer, and network connections
- Debug your app on devices with all the tools of a desktop browser
- Build for multiple app stores in a guided interface
...all in one software environment. The Intel® XDK comes with pre-loaded demo apps to get you started and two drag-and-drop graphical user interface tools to help you design your application. You can even layout your application, write your back-end code, and continue to modify the layout more later.
Why do developers like the Intel® XDK?
- Write Once, Build for Many App Stores
- Faster Time-to-Market
- Short Learning Curve
Where can I download the latest version of the Intel® XDK?
- http://xdk.Intel.com for Windows*, OS X*, and Ubuntu Linux*
What user interface libraries and frameworks are supported?
What app stores are supported?
- Apple* App Store, Google* Play*, Windows* Store*, Tizen* App Store, Nook* Store (Android), Amazon* Store (Android), Chrome* Store (web app), Facebook* Store (web app)
How do I get started?
- 5-minute Overview Video
- Getting Started Tutorial
- Full Application Tutorial & Videos
- App Designer Tutorial & Videos
Where can I find documentation?
- Intel® XDK Documentation
- Crosswalk Documentation
- App Framework Documentation
- Apache Cordova* API Support
- xdk.intel API Support
- Google Chrome* Dev Tools
- JQuery* API Documentation
Have a question? Post on our forums! We'd be more than happy to help!