Building a Google* Chrome Web Store Binary
Use the Intel XDK development environment to develop, debug, and test your project's app. After you successfully test using the Test tab in the Intel XDK and App Preview on your device(s):
- Select the project for the app you want to build.
- Click the Intel XDK Build tab.
- Under Build As a Web App, click the button under Chrome to build a Chrome binary you can submit to the Google Chrome Web store:
- Before your app can be built in the cloud, your code will be packaged as a bundle and uploaded. If a previous build is found, you can decide whether to use the previous upload (Use Previous) or upload your most recent code (Upload Code).
- After uploading your app bundle, the following screen appears:
- Type a Chrome App Name.
- Type a Chrome App Description.
- To add a 128x128 Site Icon, click its Change Icon button and browse to and select a file.
- To add a 16x16 Site Icon, click its Change Icon button and browse to and select a file.
- When you have specified the information, click the Build button.
Publishing Your Chrome Web Store App
Publishing your completed application to the Chrome Web Store requires you to interact with the Google Developers* site. For a comprehensive overview of publishing your app, see the Chrome Web Store’s instructions here:
Instructions for Publishing your Chrome Web Store App
Follow these instructions for publishing the Chrome Web Store app once you have built your app from the Intel XDK:
- Log into the Chrome Web Store developer dashboard.
- Add a new item by clicking the Add New Item button.
- Include a detailed description.
- Be sure to upload at least one screenshot (1280x800 or 640x400) and a small tile promotional image (440x280).
- Refresh the list of verified websites in order to confirm that the website that hosts your web application is in fact owned by you.
- Choose your language.
- Publish your application.
- Be aware that your app may be published to either Test Accounts or published to the public. However, the app may not be published to both. It must be unpublished from one before publishing to the other.
- Build Tab Overview
- Projects Tab Overview
- Choosing Types of Chrome Web Store apps
- Build and Deploy a Tizen* Application Binary (legacy)