This topic provides quick access to device APIs, Intel XDK documentation, Intel XDK FAQs and how to search for articles and tips in the Intel XDK web site pages.
Links to API Documentation, Useful Articles and Videos
Here are some links to useful articles that are not part of this documentation book but pertain directly to using the Intel XDK.
- Domain Whitelisting for AJAX, External Network Access and Launching External Apps
- Five Useful Tips on Getting Started Building Cordova Mobile Apps with the Intel XDK
- Intel XDK Supported Systems
- Intel XDK Legacy APIs RETIRED
The following introductory videos provide a quick overview of the Intel XDK. Please view both before reading the pages in this book. Doing so should help make the concepts described easier to follow and understand:
- Getting Started: Making Your First App (~5 minutes)
- Develop Apps in HTML5 Using the Intel® XDK (~5 minutes)
More details about using the Intel XDK are available by watching the following videos. The order presented is recommended, but not required:
- How to Use Cordova* Plugins in the Intel® XDK (~30 minutes)
- Debugging Cordova* Plugins in the Intel® XDK (~30 minutes)
- How to Use App Designer to Create Apps in the Intel® XDK, Part 1 (~30 minutes)
- Getting Started with App Designer in the Intel® XDK, Part 2 (~30 minutes)
- How to Include Web Services in the Intel® XDK (~30 minutes)
- Using the Intel® XDK Debug Tab (~30 minutes)
- Using WEINRE to Debug an Intel® XDK Cordova* App (~30 minutes)
Intel XDK Support, FAQs, Templates, Samples, and Resources
The Intel XDK provides resources for you to:
To learn more about Intel XDK templates and samples:
- When you create a new project, view available templates and samples in the Intel XDK Projects tab.
- Browse templates and samples on https://github.com/gomobile/.
- For the Intel XDK IoT Edition, view a description of node.JS templates in the Projects tab.
Links to Additional API and UI Framework Documentation
The following links provide quick access to additional device API and UI framework documentation. These references describe useful (but optional) APIs that you can add to the Cordova mobile apps you create with the Intel XDK.
- Apache Cordova* API documentation
- Crosswalk API documentation
- Twitter Bootstrap 3* framework getting started
- Ionic* framework documentation
- Framework7* framework documentation
- App Framework API documentation
- Backbone.js* MVC framework
- Angular JS* MVC framework
- jQuery* framework API documentation
Links to Developer Tools
- Google Chrome* Developer Tools (CDT)
- Crosswalk Overview
- Introduction to Intel XDK Development Tools
- Intel XDK Emulator Limitations
Searching the Intel XDK Web Site
To locate other content (blogs, articles, videos) about the Intel XDK, use the following site search examples in the search bar of your favorite search engine to help narrow your results to the Intel XDK product web pages only. For example, the first example finds pages that mention the word build; the second example searches for tutorials; etc.