App Designer, part of the Intel® XDK, is a WYSIWYG layout tool for creating user interfaces. Key features include:
- Multiple UI frameworks - The App Designer currently supports App Framework, Bootstrap 3, jQuery Mobile, Ionic, Ratchet, and Topcoat.
- Round-trip editing - Start creating your apps in App Designer, switch to the built-in editor (CODE view in the DEVELOP tab) and modify your code directly, then switch back to App Designer (DESIGN view).
- Responsive design - Create layouts that automatically adapt to a wide range of devices and form factors.
- Animated containers - Take advantage of animated sidebars and crossbars to add pizzazz to your apps.
- Services integration - Incorporate web service data directly from the DEVELOP tab.
See the Intel XDK button on the DEVELOP tab for a list of short App Designer videos (less than five minutes each), beginning with the Getting Started video.
You can view the series of App Designer videos by searching the Intel Software TV network using this very long search URL: