Due to the unfortunate events unfolding in Kenya, this event is postponed from September 28th to October 12th.
Date: October 12th, 2013 9:00am to 10:00pm
Location: The iHub | 4TH Floor Bishop Magua Building | Nairobi, Kenya
Grand Prizes: 5 Samsung GALAXY Tab 3 10.1-inch for the winning team and 5 Asus Fonepad* Tablets for the runners up team .
Are you a gamer? The Intel Gaming Challenge is Kenya’s premiere Gaming tournament. With multiple game divisions to compete in, unique prize packages up for grabs, and a dedicated community of so many gamers behind it, it is something you need to be a part of. Whether you’re a casual or hardcore gamer, Intel Gaming Challenge offers a variety of gameplay options for your thumbs, on a variety of Intel Architecture devices. Gamers will compete in teams of 5, playing The League of Legends™ online game.
Are you a Developer? Have you previously developed in Java or C++? Are you interested in learning how to create amazing multiplayer Games on Android? We are looking for 50 lucky developers who will earn a slot to participate in Project Anarchy www.projectanarchy.com, a training program that teaches you how to utilise Havoc Gaming Engine to create the next big game on Android, Tizen or IOS. Come show us your skills, and earn an opportunity to be part of our fully sponsored training program.
Intel® Contest Description
How to Enter
Register yourself as a Competing Gamer at http://software.intel.com/en-us/africa. Entry to the Contest is restricted to one entry per person. During registration, the Team Captain is required to register the Team Name and provide his full contact details including
- First Name
- Last name
- Email address
- Phone Number.
It is the responsibility of the Team Captain to communicate Team Name to his team members.
During the registration of participants, each person will be required to enter his Team Name, or specify if he is a freelancer and open to entering any team.
Registration will start of September 14th 2013 noon, and end October 9th 2013.
Venue: The Intel® Gaming Challenge Contest (“Contest”) will take place iHub, 4th Floor, Bishop Magua, Ngong Road Nairobi on October 12th 2013 from 9am to 10pm.
No costs whatsoever will be paid for travel and accommodations. All costs and expenses associated with travel to and attending this event will be the sole responsibility of the particpants.
All fields on the Entry Form must be completed to be eligible for the Competition.
- We will allow a maximum of 8 teams to participate in the competition (we will choose the participating 8 teams on a first come first served basis).
- We will notify participants on their selection to participate at the event before September 26th 2013.
- All participants must be physically present and registered at the doors by 9am Saturday October 12th 2013 at event venue (iHub, 4th Floor, Bishop Magua, Ngong Road, Nairobi Kenya) or they will be immediately disqualified from participating and different contest participants will be selected by the Team Captain.
Winning Team: 5 Samsung GALAXY Tab 3 10.1-inch for the winning team.
1st Runner up Team: 5 Asus Fonepad* Tablets for the 1st Runner up team.
Prizes will be delivered to Winners for collection from iHub, 4th Floor, Bishop Magua Building, Ngong Road, Nairobi Kenya at the end of the event on October 12th OR will be sent to the Winners, at Intel costs, within six (6) weeks from the event date.
Winners will be required to notify Intel in writing, and sign an affidavit/release of liability if they would like to send a representative to collect the prize on their behalf.
Winners will be required to sign and return releases of liability to receive the prizes.
Criteria of Winning Submission
The tournament shall consist of a straight knockout stage of single elimination.
The winner of the tournament will be decided by the team that comes out on top of the knockout chart.
One (1) winning team will be selected and announced at the day of the event by 10pm Oct 12th, 2013. All decisions of the judges are made at the judges’ sole discretion and are final in all matters relating to this Contest.
Rules and Regulations
Game Version: League of Legends (updated to the latest patch).
Operation System: Windows 7 (optionally Windows 8, if your installation is stable).
A warning may be given for overtime, and if the player is found to be delaying the match for nontechnical reasons, the referee may declare the match forfeit.
- Competition Method: 5v5 (Team Play, 5 players per team).
- Game Length: Until the winner is determined.
- If the game becomes a stalemate and there is no action for an extended period of time during the match and the winner cannot be clearly determined, the match is restarted at the sole discretion of the referee.
- Game Winner: the player who completely destroys their opponent or if their opponent surrenders.
- Arriving late may result in a forfeit at the discretion of the referee.
- At the end of each match, the players must remain at the victory/defeat screen until a referee records the results and/or save the replay; closing the victory/defeat screen without the replay being saved by a referee may result in a default loss.
- Intel reserves the right to install additional software and/or join as an observer for tournament operations purposes, such as verifying match results or gathering match data.
The “League of Legends” tournament shall consist of a straight knockout stage of single elimination. The winner of the tournament will be decided by the team that comes out on top of the knockout chart.
Every participant in the league matches will require to have access to at least 16 champions as the Champion selection will be a tournament draft mode selection.
The use of Runes, Masteries and Summoner spells is left entirely to the player’s discretion; they may use whatever combination they feel is best for their needs.
The acquisition of Riot Points is left to the participants’ discretion, as is the use of these Riot Points. As IP and XP Boosts do not have any strict impact on actual gameplay, players may purchase them, as well as any Champions, Skins or any content that they may wish to acquire.
General Game Settings
Tournament Draft mode will be used
Team composition is left to the discretion of the players
Random is allowed
Game Crashes/Unintentional Disconnection
These are hereby termed as any connection loss of one player due to game client, system, network, PC, and/or power problems/issues
Game Leaving/Intentional Disconnection
These are hereby termed as any connection loss of one player due to a player’s actions. Upon judgment by the referee, the offending player may be charged with a default loss or play will be allowed to continue to the disconnecting player’s team’ disadvantage
This is hereby termed as a permanent connection loss of one or multiple players due to an issue with a server
- If a game crash occurs within 3 minutes from the start of the match & before first blood, the match must be restarted. Otherwise if the game crash occurs after first blood or the 3 minute mark, the game will continue as normal
- If the crashed player cannot reconnect into the game within 2 minutes, then the referee may at his discretion order all players currently connected to remain within a safe zone until all disconnected players can reconnect
- If a player intentionally leaves a game, then the game will continue as normal.
- If a server crash occurs, then the chief referee will decide either between;
- Restarting the game or
- Awarding the game to one of the teams. The chief referee will only award a game victory in a situation where one team was on the verge of certain defeat.
The following actions will be considered unfair play:
- The use of any cheat program and/or codes.
- An intentional disconnection.
- The use of any settings exceeding the standard and permitted settings.
- Clearly allowing one’s opponent to win a match.
- If a referee decides that external conditions, (Press, Team Leader, Player, Spectator, etc.) are giving or have given an unfair advantage to a player, the player may be given a warning or lose by default at the referee’s sole discretion.
- Unsportsman like behavior or, in general, disruptive (e.g., shouting), inappropriate and/or unprofessional actions directed towards another player (even inside the game).
- The use of a program bug that is determined by the board of referees as being unfair.
- Any “unnecessary chatting” (based on the directions of the referee) during the match “Unnecessary chatting” means any chatting other than the cases listed below:
- Greeting messages between the players
- Repeat of “P” to request for a pause during a stage match
- • A signal for the loss (i.e. “GG”) or any other message that the referee can use to decide the winner
- Chatting between players that does not violate the unsportsmanlike behavior clause
- Any message that the referee can judge as part of the game
If a player disrupts gameplay through “unnecessary chatting” during a stage match, the player may be given a warning, lose the match by default, or eliminated from the competition at the referee’s discretion (“Unnecessary Chatting” is defined in the “Unfair Play” section of these rules). Cross-chat is allowed in accordance to the legal cases of chatting that are listed above
Upon discovery of any player committing any violations regarded as unfair play, the offending player, at the sole discretion of the Intel referees, may receive a warning, a forfeit by default or, in extreme cases, be disqualified from the tournament.
- A player may request to pause the game should a problem emerge during the stage match. The referee shall pause the game through the Observer and check the reason for the pause.
- The request to pause a stage match must be made by sending a repeated “p” through the in game chat. In case there is a problem with the keyboard input, the player may request to pause the game by raising his or her hand.
- • The players may not arbitrarily pause the game during a stage match. In case this occurs, depending on the severity of the situation and when the pause occurred, the referee may decide to issue a warning or default loss.
- After reviewing the reason for a pause, if the referee deems the pause unnecessary the referee may decide to issue a warning or default loss
The above-mentioned rules may be amended in the following cases:
- Should Intel, at its sole discretion, decide to adopt the latest patch/version release of each official game.
- Should Intel, at its sole discretion, decide to modify in-game settings and options required by the use of most recent patch version.
- Should Intel, at its sole discretion, decide to use a newly released Cheat Protection Program and/or cheat protection functions.
Should Intel, at its sole discretion, decide to change game settings and/or operations guidelines due to differences between online and offline tournaments.
Selection of the Winner(s) – Judging
Game Winner will be the team who completely destroys their opponent team or if their opponent surrenders at the end of the tournament.
List of Winner(s)
Winners will be announced at the end of the event on 12th October 2013. The list of contest winners will also be posted at https://www.facebook.com/IntelKenya by 5th October 2013.
Delivery of the Prizes to the Prize Winner(s)
Prizes will be delivered to Winners for collection from iHub, 4th Floor, Bishop Magua Building, Ngong Road, Nairobi Kenya on or before November 30th 2013.
Winners will be required to notify Intel®, in writing, at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org and sign an affidavit/release of liability form if they would like to send a representative to collect the prize on their behalf.
Intel® Gaming Challenge Contest Description and Rules http://software.intel.com/en-us/africa
Intel® Gaming Challenge Contest Rules
- You are eligible to participate in the contest if you have registered with the Intel® Developer Zone at: http://software.intel.com/en-us/africa
- Entry to the contest is restricted to one entry per person. In case of entry by e-mail address, entry is limited to one email address per person, whether personally or automatically generated. In case of paper-based entry form, entry to the contest is limited to one entry per home (same name, same address). Entries and E-mail addresses may be checked.
- Intel will collect and use your personal information and may share such information with a Sponsor or an Agency for the sole purpose of selection, notification and the fulfilment of the contest.
- No purchase necessary. Purchase does not increase your chance of winning. Void wherever prohibited.
- You must speak, read and understand English and you must be aged 18 years or over.
- If you apply to register for the contest, if you contribute to the contest or the, Intel® Developer Zone, Intel® Software Partner Program, Intel® AppUp® Center once you are registered or if you accept any contest prizes, you accept these rules.
- Employees of Intel Corporation, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate families of each may not enter. This limitation is void where prohibited.
- The contest is open to residents of Kenya only. All national and local laws and regulations apply. Residents of embargoed countries or nationals of embargoed countries wherever they are located, are not eligible to enter. The contest is void wherever else it is restricted or prohibited by law.
- Intel is committed to compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and ethical rules. This section is intended to ensure that your participation in the contest will not violate any such laws, regulations, policies or rules. Intel seeks no promises or favoritism for itself or any of its affiliates in exchange for the opportunity to participate in the contest. By participating in this contest
- you agree that your participation– including your acceptance of any potential prize – will not violate any law, regulation, policy or rule of your country, state or government agency; and
- you certify that any potential prize is not in exchange for an agreement to influence a recent, pending or anticipated act or decision that may result in Intel obtaining or retaining business or a business advantage.
- We may refuse your contribution for any reason that we deem appropriate.
- To help you prepare your contribution, Intel provides you with access to a variety of resources on Intel® Software Network community, Intel® Software Partner Program, Intel® AppUpSM Center, including communication forums, documentation, download areas, code samples, videos, blogs, articles and contests (the “resources”)..
- Intel is not responsible for contest entries not received due to lost, failed, delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, or other electronic malfunctions. Intel is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by you or any other persons or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest.
- If you are a winner you may be required to sign and return releases of liability, declarations of eligibility, and where lawful, publicity consent agreements, within five (5) days of acknowledged notification. If minors are allowed to enter and a prize is won by a minor, all required documentation must be signed by the parent/legal guardian. If a selected potential winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible (under these rules or due to a failure to comply with any of the other applicable policies, licenses, rules, and terms of service, fails to claim a prize, or fails to timely return the completed and executed releases/agreements as required), prize may be forfeited and an alternate potential winner may, at Intel’s discretion, be selected.
- Prizes are personal to the participant submitting the winning contribution and cannot normally be transferred. All prizes are subject to availability and they may change at any time and Intel may award substitute prizes of equal or greater value. A cash alternative is not available. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- The winner accepts responsibility for all federal, state and local taxes and fees in connection with the prizes. The winner shall be solely responsible to obtain all permissions and authorizations to collect and receive the prize in accordance with the laws of the participant’s country of residence. This contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law, and subject to applicable federal, state provincial and local laws. If the winner is a resident of a country in Latin America, Italy, or any other country where cash prizes are prohibited, cash prizes will be replaced by goods and/or services of equal value in Intel’s sole discretion.
- Acceptance of the prize will constitute permission to use winner’s name and/or likeness for promotional purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law.
- Intel does not provide any warranty on the prizes. To the fullest extent allowable by law, Intel specifically disclaims any representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the prizes, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose and implied warranties arising from course of dealing or course of performance.
- Intel reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or cancel the contest at any time for any reason.
- You can withdraw your contribution at any time by notifying us. If a contribution is withdrawn your rights to win a prize in this contest are lost.
- These rules apply to your contribution and the resources, unless we provide any items to you under more specific terms, in which case those more specific terms will apply to the relevant items. We may make changes to these rules at any time without notice to you. The most current version of the rules can be reviewed on the http://software.intel.com/en-us/africa website. Contributing to the contest or accepting prizes will constitute acceptance of the revised rules.
- These rules set Intel’s sole responsibilities with respect to the contest. These rules prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials.
- For any feedback or questions regarding the contest or the prizes you can contact Intel by sending an email to email@example.com.
- If Intel improperly denies you any prizes, Intel's entire liability and your sole and exclusive remedy will be limited to a distribution of the equivalent amount of prizes as set forth above. By participating in the contest, you waive any and all rights to bring any claim or action related to such matters in any forum beyond one (1) year after the first occurrence of the kind of act, event, condition or omission upon which the claim or action is based.
- If for any reason this contest is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Intel which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this contest, Intel reserves the right at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, postpone or suspend the contest.
- Intel may disqualify any individual who breaches these rules in any way, tampers with the entry process by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair practices, abuses, threatens or harasses other participants, attempts to interfere with, hack into or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers, gains unfair advantage by any means, interferes with the ability of others to enjoy participation in any way or takes any actions that interferes with the contest rules.
- Intel assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. Intel is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Intel on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this contest or downloading any materials in this contest.
- In case you breach these rules or we reasonably believe that you have submitted a contribution in violation of these rules, we may, after notifying you, terminate your participation immediately
- The promoter of this contest is Intel. The contest is administered by:
Intel Corporation UK Limited, 14 Riverside Drive, Hanover Block, 5th Floor, Nairobi, Kenya Phone +254 20 426 7000
Intel is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
© 2010 - 2013, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.