When discussing an issue in the Intel® Parallel Amplifier forum or requesting support from Intel engineers, please help developers investigating the problem by providing the following:
• Provide a clear statement of the issue and the context in which it happens
• How to reproduce: include all information you think it could be useful for engineers to work on the issue
• System information and product logs including warning messages and if relevant, installation logs.
In order to collect system and Intel® Parallel Amplifier configuration information, open a command line and execute the following command, redirecting the output to a file. This file can then be uploaded to a forum post or sent to Intel engineers as otherwise directed.
where <AMPLIFIER_INSTALL_DIR> is the Intel® Parallel Amplifier install directory for example: C:\Program Files\Intel\Parallel Studio\Amplifier\
Intel® Parallel Amplifier log files can be found at %temp%/ampl-log-<user_name> directory and installation logs are saved at %temp% directory in a few Amplifier_install.log* files. Compress them and send to Intel engineers if requested.
• If Intel® Parallel Amplifier crashes, the following dialog box should show up. Copy the report to the clipboard using "Copy" button and paste it to an e-mail message (use "Send Report" button) or save in a file and provide it as part of your request for help. There is no need to collect system information in this case.
• The following additional information would also be helpful to reproduce the problem:
- If Intel® Parallel Amplifier generated an assertion, please include it in your report
- Screenshots which illustrate the problem
- Collected data (project results directory compressed in archive file)
- Reduced test case which reproduces the issue, or access to an application that demonstrates the problem.