Intel has launched the latest 2-Chip Haswell processors supporting Intel® AMT Release 9.0. This marks the 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i5 and i7 Processors. Sometimes it can be challenging to figure out what systems, on an OEM's website, will support Intel® AMT features, so here are the ingredients that you must look for:
Intel® AMT 9.0 processor with Intel® VT and Intel® TXT (2-chip SKUs):
- Intel® Core™ i5 Processor or Intel® Core™ i7 Processor
- For KVM support, processor must have Integrated Graphics.
- PCH/CPU - Desktop:
- Q87: CPU: i7-4770, i7-4770S, i7-4770T, i7-4765T, i5-4670, i5-4670T, i5-4570, i5-4570S, i5-4570T
- PCH - Notebook:
- QM87: CPU: i7-4900MQ, i7-4800MQ, i7-4950HQ, i7-4850HQ
- Intel® VT-x capable BIOS (required; disabled by default, can be enabled)
- Intel® VT-d capable BIOS (required; disabled by default, can be enabled)
- Intel® TXT capable BIOS (required)
- TPM 1.2 Capable BIOS (Can be removed to meet certain import restrictions)
- Intel® AMT 9.0 capable BIOS
- Intel® ME Firmware 9.0 with Intel® AMT 9.0
- Intel® Wired LAN: (Clarksville 82579 LM)
- Wireless LAN+: Intel® Wireless Lan 6235 (Jackson Peak 2), Intel Wireless LAN 6205 (Taylor Peak), Intel Wireless LAN 6300 (Puma Peak), Intel Wireless LAN 6250 (Kilmer Peak)
- Intel® Management and Security Status Icon (Recommended; not required)
- Intel® Anti-Theft Technology: Required on Mobile
+Wireless AMT is optional for Desktop Platforms
This version of Intel vPro Technolgy will support the M (Mobile) and H (Desktop) Business SKUs.
There is a website that can be used as a reference for Intel Processors and which technologies they support: ark.intel.com.
When purchasing a system from an OEM Website, it may be necessesary to look at the specs and dig a little deeper than your shopping cart in order to ensure your system has all of the right components (not all Core i5 and Core i7 support Intel AMT and those that do may not all support KVM.)
If you have any questions regarding Intel® AMT Technology, please post your question on our Developer's Forum.
You can also download the Intel® Brand Verification Tool and supporting documentation here.