These applications are part of a series of how-to code sample exercises using the Intel® IoT Developer Kit, Intel® IoT Gateway, cloud platforms, APIs, and other technologies, and are designed for anyone interested in learning IoT development.
A complete list of these Python* code sample titles is provided below, along with their links to instructions and code.
From these exercises, developers will learn how to:
- Connect the Intel® IoT Gateway, a computing platform designed for prototyping and producing IoT computing products.
- Interface with sensors using MRAA and UPM from the Intel® IoT Developer Kit, a complete hardware and software solution to help developers explore the IoT and implement innovative projects.
- Connect to a server using IoT Hub from Microsoft Azure*, IoT from IBM Bluemix*, IoT from Amazon Web Services (AWS)*, AT&T M2X*, Predix* from GE, or SAP Cloud Platform* IoT, different cloud-based IoT platforms for machine to machine communication.
- Invoke the services of APIs including Twilio* for sending text messages, the United States Geological Survey (USGS) for accessing earthquake data, and Weather Underground* for accessing weather data.
To get started, select any of these titles:
- Access Control
- Air Quality Sensor
- Alarm Clock
- Close Call Reporter
- Color Match Game
- Earthquake detector
- Equipment activity monitor
- Fire alarm
- Line following robot
- Plant Lighting System
- Range finder scanner
- Robot arm
- Smart Stove Top
- Sound Detector
- Storage unit flood detector
- Watering System
- 18 How-To Intel® IoT Technology Code Samples Now Available in C++
- 20 How-To Intel® IoT Technology Code Samples Now Available in Java*