There has been a lot of talk about security concerns in regards to AMT, here is a synopsis to the situation
- We have received a report of a vulnerability in certain versions of Intel’s manageability firmware.
- This vulnerability does not exist on consumer PCs.
- This issue only affects business PCs using Intel® Active Management Technology (AMT), or Intel® Standard Manageability (ISM) or Intel® Small Business Technology (SBT). The vast majority of these is deployed at large companies.
- We are not aware of any exploit for this vulnerability.
- We are working with equipment manufacturers to make a firmware update available as soon as possible, and will share more details when we can.
- Detection Guide and Tool is available to provide to customers and/or for CC agents to assist customers - Intel-SA-00075 Detection Guide.
- The Detection Tool provides steps for single Windows GUI and Command Line Tool. (This guide and tool is for systems running Windows, specific guide for Linux-based systems is pending
- A Mitigation Guide is available to provide to customers and/or for CC agents to assist customers - Intel SA 00075 Mitigation Guide. (This guide is for systems running Windows, specific guide for Linux-based systems is pending)
- Full Security Advisory can be found at - Intel SA 00075 Security Advisory