API for GPU usage under Mac OS

API for GPU usage under Mac OS

Now I use OpenCL with Intel Iris GPU to process image  under Mac OS. Before I lunch the OpenCL kernel, I need know the GPU usage.

I wonder that whether there  is the API that i can use in the program to query the GPU usage.

thx.

publicaciones de 3 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

Lucas,

Do you mean, you want to know how busy are the GPU execution units? You don't need to worry about that: OpenCL kernel will be placed into a queue and gets processed once GPU is ready for it. Otherwise, I am not aware of the APIs on MacOS that give you this info: please contact the Apple support.

Quote:

Robert I. (Intel) wrote:

Lucas,

Do you mean, you want to know how busy are the GPU execution units? You don't need to worry about that: OpenCL kernel will be placed into a queue and gets processed once GPU is ready for it. Otherwise, I am not aware of the APIs on MacOS that give you this info: please contact the Apple support.

Robert, thx.

I know what you said. I put OpenCL for  real-time image  processing. So if the GPU is busy, I will not launch the kernel to GPU, I will select CPU to process.

Anyway, thx .

Deje un comentario

Por favor inicie sesión para agregar un comentario. ¿No es socio? Únase ya