Cilk assertion

Cilk assertion

Hi,

a few minutes after starting my program, I am currently seeing this error:
sched.c:1185: cilk assertion failed: w->l->throttle_countdown != 0
(sometimes this exact same message is repeated once)

I am using:
icpc -v
Version 12.0.4
on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, 2.6.32-33-generic #70-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jul 7 21:13:52 UTC 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I am not able to provide a simple and tiny test-case. However I can provide my full source code (a modified minisat version) and instructions on how to reproduce it (basically exectute make and run the program with a specific input).
As of now, it seems that the problem does not exist with the -cilk-serialize switch. At least it runs for more than ten hours without showing the assertion or any other sign of failure, but it has not completeted yet.

Is this a known issue? Does this error point in one direction or the other?
The program calls cilk_spawn very often. Can this lead to the above mentioned error?
Any help or comment on the issue is appreciated.

Thanks Jan

publicaciones de 3 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

V12.0.5 shouldfix this, since the spin down/startup code has changed to make things much simpler.

I don't believe that V12.0.5 has been released yet. If you want, we can try it here.

- Barry

Thanks for your feedback. Is it already known when 12.05 will be released?
If 12.05 will not be released any time soon (thinking in terms of days at max. weeks) is there any chance that I could get a beta version? I am using cilk as part of my thesis and may have to switch to something else if i can't circumnavigate the issue.

Regards Jan

Deje un comentario

Por favor inicie sesión para agregar un comentario. ¿No es socio? Únase ya