installing cilkscreen

installing cilkscreen

I got the cilkscreen tarball (cilkutil-linux-build~002061-v12.1.tgz)When I untar it and try to run it, I get this error.

$ intel/cilkutil/bin/cilkscreen ./fib 20
E:Unable to load /home/bradley/intel/cilkutil/bin/../lib64/cilkscreen-tool.so: libelf.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I tried messing around with LD_LIBRARY_PATH and so forth, but couldn't get it to run.The doc directory doesn't seem to include information for how to install it.What's the trick?

publicaciones de 10 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

Hello Bradley,

your idea with $LD_LIBRARY_PATH was already the right way. The cilkutil package comes with an own ELF (and also DWARF) library in case you did not install the one that comes with your Linux* distribution (e.g. libelfg0 for Ubuntu*) or your Linux* distribution does not have it:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$CILKUTILDIR/lib64/ext
[for 64 bit]

or

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$CILKUTILDIR/lib32/ext
[for 32 bit]

Best regards,

Georg Zitzlsberger

I have had the same problem. i am getting The following also:

got the cilkscreen tarball (cilkutil-linux-build~002061-v12.1.tgz) When I untar it and try to run it, I get this error. - collapse sourceview plaincopy to clipboardprint?

1. $intel/cilkutil/bin/cilkscreen./fib20
  2. E:Unabletoload/home/bradley/intel/cilkutil/bin/../lib64/cilkscreen-tool.so:libelf.so.0:cannotopensharedobjectfile:Nosuchfileordirectory
$ intel/cilkutil/bin/cilkscreen ./fib 20
E:Unable to load /home/bradley/intel/cilkutil/bin/../lib64/cilkscreen-tool.so: libelf.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I tried messing around with LD_LIBRARY_PATH and so forth, but couldn't get it to run. The doc directory doesn't seem to include information for how to install it. What's the trick?

I am unsure of your answer. Shouldn't wechange LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include cilkscreen-tools.so since it could not find it. I tried doing that and I still get the error.

I got cilkview and cilkscreen to work on Ubuntu 11.10, now I must switch to Centos 6.2, 64 bit. My programs are in 32 bit, however.I have built several in 32 bit and ran them on Centos 6.32 64 bit. If it cannot find this file and it is an *.so file then change LD_LIBRARY_PATH to inlcude it. right?

I just untarred cilkutils in a directory. I did not use an install command.

What should I do?

Thanks.

Newport_j

I would like to rewritemy question immediately aboveas I wrote it quickly yesterday about closing time.

I have gotten cilkview to run on Ubuntu 11.10 32 bit. We had to change all Linux systems to Centos 6.2 64 bit where i work.

I am compiling my applicationsstill as 32 bit, however. It works easily on the 64 bit Centos OS.

I compiled a program primes.cwithicc as I normally would.

I changed my path to include the cilkview include directory and the cilkview executable directory.

I ran the command

cilkview primes

and got the output shown in the attached file which is exactly what is shown in the firstmessage on this thread.

Since the file it caanot find where cilktools.so I changed LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the directory that contained cilktools.so. Iran cilkviewand got the samehow do I fix this?

thanks.

Newport-j

Adjuntos: 

AdjuntoTamaño
Descargar Screenshot-8.png187.83 KB

I would like to rewritemy question immediately aboveas I wrote it quickly yesterday about closing time.

I have gotten cilkview to run on Ubuntu 11.10 32 bit. We had to change all Linux systems to Centos 6.2 64 bit where i work.

I am compiling my applicationsstill as 32 bit, however. It works easily on the 64 bit Centos OS.

I compiled a program primes.cwithicc as I normally would.

I changed my path to include the cilkview include directory and the cilkview executable directory.

I ran the command

cilkview primes

and got the output shown in the attached file which is exactly what is shown in the firstmessage on this thread.

Since the file it caanot find where cilktools.so I changed LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the directory that contained cilktools.so. Iran cilkviewand got the samehow do I fix this?

thanks.

Newport-j

Adjuntos: 

AdjuntoTamaño
Descargar Screenshot-8.png187.83 KB

I modified the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the file

/home/james/Desktop/cilkuitil/lib32

So it could find cilkview-tool.so, I also applied

source compilervars.sh ia 32.

But, when I ran

cilkview primes

it again said that it

could not find cilkview-tool.so or libelf.so.0

I expected the second one, I did not expect the first.I included in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH the directory for cilkview-tool.so. It still said it could not load it. I am confused.

I only untarred cilkuitils to a cilkuitil directory (off Desktop), I did not intsall it in the traditional way.I think there is more to the install than what I did.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Newport_j

According to your log, you running Cilkview build 2061. The currently available build is 2516, whichI believehas fixed this problem.

You can pull the new copy from the Cilk Plus SDK Download Page.

- Barry

That solved the problem. Thanks very much.

Is there any literature on using cilkscreen and cilkview with the new syntax?

I have several complicated usesplanned forit and I would like to know more about it. Theexamples are straightforward, but my uses of them are not. I thought if I had some additional literature then it would help me.

Newport_j

The documentation on Cilkview and Cilkscreen is installed into the doc subdirectory. I don't believe that there were any command line changes in this version.

- Barry

When I compile my source with cilkview.h and then run it, i believe it hangs. I note that seeing up a program run with cilkview will generally increase its runtime, but this goes from 3.5 seconds to over an hour!

Is there a way to check in Centos 6.2 64 bitto see if the program

cilkview ./myprogram

Is running as opposed to simply hanging? The program takes an awful long time after it begins to run andI eventually need to stop it.

I simply see a large increase in execution time when I execute the command.

cilkviw ./my_program

. Of course, my program has been compiled with cilkview.h.

Thanks in advance.

Newport_j

Deje un comentario

Por favor inicie sesión para agregar un comentario. ¿No es socio? Únase ya