Installation Integrated Performance Primitives

Installation Integrated Performance Primitives

Hey everyone,
I am trying to install the Integrated Performance Primitives / Intel Parallel Studio 2011 Update 2 on a Win XP-system with Visual C++ Express 2010 installed. During the first step of setup I get the following message:
"The Intel Composer XE 2011 requires that a Microsoft* development product be installed. Refer to the Release Notes for a list of the required Microsoft* development tools."
Is it possible to integrate the Parallel Studio with Visual C++ Express 2010? What am I doing wrong? According to the refered release notes it should be possible..

kind regards & thanks for you help,
Daniel

publicaciones de 4 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.
Best Reply

Daniel,
With Visual C++ 2010 Express Edition you can install the Intel Parallel Studio XE 2011 for command line usage for IA32 applications only. The IDE integration is not supported.

This is what the release notes specify:

To use command-line tools only to build IA-32 architecture applications, one of:
o Microsoft Visual C++ 2010* Express Edition
o Microsoft Visual C++ 2008* Express Edition
o Microsoft Visual C++ 2005* Express Edition and Microsoft Windows SDK for
Windows 2008 and .NET Framework 3.5*

Does this help?
Hubert.

Daniel,

One addition.
My answer refers to the compiler tools only (Intel Composer XE 2011, including Intel IPP). The other tools, Intel Inspector XE and Intel VTune Amplifier XE, can also be started with their own GUI, independently from any Visual Studio/C++ isntallation.
So you can build applications on command line and run them (if required) with the Inspector and VTune Amplifier.

Hubert.

Hey Hubert,
thanks a lot for your answer, it helps very much. I just looked at the Parallel Studio's release-notes and didn't look it up within compiler notes.

kind regards & thank you,
Daniel

Deje un comentario

Por favor inicie sesión para agregar un comentario. ¿No es socio? Únase ya