using different machines

using different machines

Hello to all.
I compile a Fortran program with ifc on my machine (mandrake 9.0, Athlon monoprocessor), without using any particular option (except for -openmp). The compiled object runs correctly. Should this object run AS IT IS on Xeon550 four-processor machine with Debian 2.2? if i try to execute it, i receive the error:

my_program: error while loading shared libraries: cannot open shared object file: cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory

what can i do???

thanks!

publicaciones de 7 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

Copy the shared libraries your executable requires to the other machine. A complete installation of the compiler would take care of it, but may be more than you need.

ldd should tell which they are.

but the compiler is istalled only on the first machine! where do i copy the libraries (and which libraries?). Can't I set a compiling option that allows the executable to run without external libraries?

How about this line from 'info ifc' or 'ifc -help' ?

-static prevents linking with shared libraries

This will avoid using the .so libraries, when the static libraries are available. It may not work as well, if you have different versions of linux on the two machines.

Didn't I advise you to run ldd on your executable if you wish to find out which .so libraries it requires? If you copy them, you could copy the part of the compiler installation directory tree down through /lib, to an identical directory structure, or do what you see fit with them.

when i use -static i receive:
error: ld: invalid option -lm

In supported linux installations (as well as most others), you should have both /usr/lib/libm.a and /usr/lib/libm.so present. These would likely come from installing the gcc development packages. They aren't part of the Intel compiler distribution, as far as I know. That error message isn't so helpful; you might wish to submit a report to premier.intel.com even if you determine the cause.

tnx!

Inicie sesión para dejar un comentario.