ifort 8.0 problem: trying to make .mod files

ifort 8.0 problem: trying to make .mod files

Hi,
A compile that works with ifc does not work with ifort 8.0. It states that there is no target to build various .mod files but it compiles just fine with ifc.
What flags do I need to change ifort 8 to ifc behavious (I found out about -nofor_main previously)?
Thanks,
David

/fumento/dinger/r2003-1/production/mmshare-v1.2/lib/Linux-x86 libmmhtreat.a
/home/friesner/fumento/dinger/r2003-1/mmshare/build_tools/my_cp . /home/friesner/fumento/dinger/r2003-1/production/mmshare-v1.2/include MMHTREAT_MOD.mod
cp: cannot stat `./MMHTREAT_MOD.mod': No such file or directory
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `MMHTREATPARAM_MOD.mod', needed by `/home/friesner/fumento/dinger/r2003-1/production/mmshare-v1.2/include/MMHTREATPARAM_MOD.mod'. Stop.

publicaciones de 4 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

This reads like a makefile problem to me. I don't see how the compiler is involved.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

But it works fine with ifc. Is it possible that ifort is compiling for f95 when it should be compiling for f77?

I can assure you that this works under ifc but not under ifort. The makefile was only modified because of non-default ifort libraries and the -nofor_main option.

Thanks,
David

I guess I don't understand what you mean by "compiling for f95". make is saying that it doesn't have a rule to build the .mod files - the compiler is not involved. There may be some subtlety to it that I don't understand, but I don't see how the compiler can matter here. Perhaps someone else with more experience in such issues can comment.

Perhaps you can post your makefile? (Rename it as .txt for attaching, or a gz should work.)

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Deje un comentario

Por favor inicie sesión para agregar un comentario. ¿No es socio? Únase ya