where is the Numerical_libraries lib stored?

where is the Numerical_libraries lib stored?

The linker tells me that it is not finding a routine in a module which I have copied to the LIB (.lib) and INCLUDE (.mod) paths respectively.

I assumed that the envir. var's. will direct the compiler to all the necessary libraries and dependencies to the LIB and INCLUDE folders. But it seems not.

I have no trouble accessing IMSL routines. But I cannot find where its mod and lib files are stored.

Any ideas?

publicaciones de 9 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

The .MOD files are installed to Program FilesMicrosoft Visual StudioDF98IMSLINCLUDE and the .LIB files to ...DF98IMSLLIB. On installation, these directories are supposed to be added to the list of directories searched in Developer Studio, and a .BAT file is invoked from DFVARS.BAT for command-line use that adds these directories to the LIB and INCLUDE path variables.

Steve

Steve

So why do uousuppose that my library (And MOD) files are not recognozed during compile?

The reason I picked on IMSL is that I cannot tell which LIB and MOD files it has just by looking at the list of files in those 2 folders.

Tim

Without seeing your application nor the error message, my first guess is that you omitted a USE NUMERICAL_LIBRARIES from your code.

BTW, the libraries aren't involved in compiling - just the modules.

Steve

Steve

Thanks,
The main purpose ofthis thread was to find out what are the NAMES of the lib and mod files for numerical libs'.

That way, since using them works, I will try to emulate my mod and lib files' location the same way.

I cannot find any mod file which has the text "Numerical_libraries" in it in the include folder.

Does anyone know what they are called?

TimH

See my first reply above. The module is NUMERICAL_LIBRARIES.MOD. Note that you get this only if you have installed IMSL, which is a Professional Edition feature only. Note also that the IMSL INCLUDE folder is separate from the regular CVF INCLUDE folder.

Steve

Steve

Hot Dawg!
Sorry if I missed it. IMSL has its own lib folder AND they do not call the lib file NUMERICAL_LIBRARIES.

Sorry to keep buggin' you about this. BUT, all I am hung up on is how-cumz I do not need to add IMSL.LIB into the project and it links fine to IMSL routines, but I need to add my goofy lib files to the project explicitly.

TimH

The module has a directive that pulls in the correct library. You can see that in the .F90 source.

Steve

Steve

Hell and Damnation!

It's
!dec$objcomment lib:'imsl.lib'

praise be.

Inicie sesión para dejar un comentario.