Optimizing using Intel Fortran Compiler 6.0

Optimizing using Intel Fortran Compiler 6.0

Hi, I was wondering if I could get some help on optimizing my fortran code that I'm compiling with the Intel Fortran Compiler 6.0 on a Intel Pentium 4 machine as well as dual Intel Pentium 3 machine. Where can I go get information on optimization, or find out if anyone has optimized for these conditions already. Thanks for the help.

publicaciones de 3 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

In the Developer Studio, select the Project menu, Settings, the FORTRAN tab, select OPTIMIZATIONS in the Catagory drop down list. You can select optimization levels and processor types in the drop down lists.

Welcome to the forum!

Have you studied the Optimizations section of the Intel Fortran Compiler User's Guide? It discusses options for processor-specific targeting. For Pentium 4, you'd want the /G7 and /QaxW options to target Pentium 4.

As for multiple processors, Intel Fortran supports OpenMP - read the Parallelization section of the User's Guide for more information.

Steve

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Inicie sesión para dejar un comentario.