Limiting number of threads/processors for benchmarking purposes

Limiting number of threads/processors for benchmarking purposes

Is there any way to restrict the number of threads/processors used by numpy linked to MKL? I would like to restrict it to one processor, as the final implemenation of the program will be run in parallel, so each instance would only be effectively using one processor. I need to get some estimated times for one processor as i will be comparing the performance to alternative options that are single-threaded (but would be run in parallel on my setup as well).

I just don't have access to the full setup right now, so i'm trying to benchmark them on a different setup, so i need to be able to compare the run times in an apple to apples environment (one processor each). I've tried settting os.environ['OMP_NUM_THREADS'] = '1', but the program still runs on both processors.

Thanks!

publicaciones de 4 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

Hi,

If you don'tneed parallel work ofMKL just link with sequential MKLlibrary instead of thread-library.

Thanks, -- Victor

I'm sorry, but i'm not that familiar with MKL (the library came pre-linked in the Enthought python distro that I am using). Could you point me to a quick reference on how to do this? Is it a flag that i can just include in my python script?

On Linux:
In your config files please find mkl_intel_thread and substitute it to mkl_sequential
It maybe something like -lmkl_intel_thread or with full name of library libmkl_intel_thread

Thanks, -- Victor

Inicie sesión para dejar un comentario.