Wrong ScanType reported by plugin

Wrong ScanType reported by plugin

When I scan a Code39 barcode with a Motion C5, the MCA is seeing the ScanType reported as "Other Bar Code" (2400) instead of "Code 39" (100).

D [2012-06-22 14:55:48.737] {S1-P3568-T4772} [BarcodeReader]
OnBarcodeCallback: Plugin Reported Type 'Unknown Bar Code', data
'annnnnn'.

I have a feeling this is a problem with the firmware for the barcode scanner, and I will attempt to contact Motion Technical Support for advice. If I get a solution I'll report back. In the mean time, if you can see what's going on I'd be grateful for your help!

I've attached the MCA log file.

publicaciones de 3 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

Hi rcopley,

We have had developers report that some Code 39 barcodes work and some do not. The Intermec firmware does make a difference. I have attached a barcode test page that has a Code 39 sample. The Code 39 sample on this page should work for you. If that is the case, then you know that the barcode you are testing with may not be supported by Intermec. I would check to make sure you have the latest firmware from Intermec (or at least the latest Motion provides).

Thanks,
Steve

Adjuntos: 

AdjuntoTamaño
Descargar testbarcode.pdf109.29 KB

Thank you. Even for the sample barcode above I was getting "Unknown Barcode Type".

Our excellent contact at Motion Computing guessed the problem. Sending the symbology was disabled in the Intermec scan engine. This can be enabled using Intermec's EasySet configuration tool (Section 4 - Data Transmission settings). (Use EV15 as the Product.)

Deje un comentario

Por favor inicie sesión para agregar un comentario. ¿No es socio? Únase ya