ICC 13.0 backend signals

ICC 13.0 backend signals

Greetings,

I am playing with the latest ICC 13.0 to day, package 0.041 in MSVC 2010.

I am getting "backend signals" at link phase for x64 build when I mix /Qipo .exe with /Qip .lib's and vice-versa. Another issue I had, was some PDB compiler error.

from build log:

--- snip ---
" : error : backend signals xilink : error #10014: problem during multi-file optimization compilation (code 4) xilink : error #10014: problem during multi-file optimization compilation (code 4)
I can provide .obj's and .lib's as a private post (I ask for confidency) if you will not be able to reproduce the bug.

-- With best regards, VooDooMan - If you find my post helpful, please rate it and/or select it as a best answer where applies. Thank you.
publicaciones de 7 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

Hello,I'm not an expert in compiler but I believe if you use static libs or putting objects together you need to set the same IPO settings for all objects linking to the same module.--Vladimir

Quoting Vladimir Polin (Intel)
Hello,I'm not an expert in compiler but I believe if you use static libs or putting objects together you need to set the same IPO settings for all objects linking to the same module.--Vladimir

It was working well (mixing various IPO settings) with pre-13.0 ICC's. The static lib compiled with /Qipo just generated remarks/warnings about (not-)vectorised loops at link phase of .exe/.dll (/Qip). You just had to set correct linker settings, like link-time code generation, and so on.

Unfortunately, linking .exe with /Qipo is not so easy, since the compiler uses like 12 GiBs of RAM, though I have physically only 8, so due to swapping it lasts for more than one day to link. Hence I use /Qip, but I have few static libs, that are performance critical, and they are small, so I use /Qipo for them.

-- With best regards, VooDooMan - If you find my post helpful, please rate it and/or select it as a best answer where applies. Thank you.

Quoting VooDooMan

Quoting Vladimir Polin (Intel)

It was working well (mixing various IPO settings) with pre-13.0 ICC's. The static lib compiled with /Qipo just generated remarks/warnings about (not-)vectorised loops at link phase of .exe/.dll (/Qip). You just had to set correct linker settings, like link-time code generation, and so on.

Unfortunately, linking .exe with /Qipo is not so easy, since the compiler uses like 12 GiBs of RAM, though I have physically only 8, so due to swapping it lasts for more than one day to link. Hence I use /Qip, but I have few static libs, that are performance critical, and they are small, so I use /Qipo for them.

Of course, there is always option to make those static libs to be the dll's. But there is a cost of non-IPO optimization at call (and maybe auto-inlining the call), and possibly cache flush because of one JMP in dispatch table and/or CALL instruction.

Hi,

I tested the issue using the official release version of the 13.0 compiler and the error is fixed there.

Thanks,
Alex

Hi,

the error should also be fixed in the Update 12 of Intel® Composer XE 2011.

Alex

引文:

aweggerl 写道:

Hi,

I tested the issue using the official release version of the 13.0 compiler and the error is fixed there.

Thanks,
Alex

Hi Alex, Yes, I must confirm that official ICC 13.0 (not beta) have fixed my issue. Thank you very much, heavenise (==have-a-nice/have-an-ice) code, as cool as possible.

Inicie sesión para dejar un comentario.