Assign specific mpi tasks to specific IB interfaces

Assign specific mpi tasks to specific IB interfaces

I have a system with 16 cores and 2 IB interfaces. I need to use both rails, so have been using export I_MPI_OFA_NUM_ADAPTERS=2 export I_MPI_OFA_NUM_PORTS=1 export I_MPI_OFA_RAIL_SCHEDULER=ROUND_ROBIN export I_MPI_FABRICS="shm:ofa"But this has the undesirable effect of sending some of the data from the second 8 cores to the IB on the first eight cores and vice-versa.I triedexport I_MPI_OFA_NUM_ADAPTERS=2export I_MPI_OFA_NUM_PORTS=1export I_MPI_OFA_RAIL_SCHEDULER=PROCESS_BINDexport I_MPI_FABRICS="shm:ofa"But this assigns process 0 to interface 1, process 1 to interface 2, process 3 to interface 1, etc. This sends alot of data from one set of cores to the opposing interface. Furthermore, the code is written so that it assumes that process 0 and process 1 are in the same cpu so it tries to do a cyclic data movement.I need to assign process 0 - 7 to interface 1 and process 8 - 15 to interface 2.Is this possible?ThanksDavidThanks

publicaciones de 3 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

Hi David,

Try using something like the following:

export I_MPI_FABRICS=shm:ofa

mpirun -n 8 -env I_MPI_OFA_ADAPTER_NAME adap1  : -n 8 -env I_MPI_OFA_ADAPTER_NAME adap2 

This should set the first 8 processes to use the first adapter, and the next 8 to use the second adapter.

Sincerely,
James Tullos
Technical Consulting Engineer
Intel Cluster Tools

Hi David,

I need to make some clarifications.
If you use I_MPI_FABRICS=shm:ofa it means that 'shm' will be used for INTRA-node communication and 'ofa' will be used for INTER-node communication.
Since you are going to use OFA for intra-node communication you need to set I_MPI_FABRICS to 'ofa' or 'ofa:ofa'.
And all other paratemers as James mentioned.
Please give it a try and compare results with default settings. It would be nice if you could share with us results of different runs.

Regards!
Dmitry

Deje un comentario

Por favor inicie sesión para agregar un comentario. ¿No es socio? Únase ya