Howto inject new Handler DLL into the config from Install/Setup(msi)

Howto inject new Handler DLL into the config from Install/Setup(msi)

Hi

I have created a BarCodeReaderHandler and need some info on how to install it correctly.
I used the documented approach to get Registry variable(SOFTWARE\\Intel\\HelthcareSDK\\bindir),
and use that for the install path.
Next problem is how to "inject" our handler into the config ?
I can't just replace the config file and call it done(I found out by trying)...
I need a way to set our handler as the default from the install.....

Thanks

JR

publicaciones de 6 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

Hi JR,

You should be able to use the MCA Configuration Editor to select your new DLL. Just click on the button next to the value for the Barcode DLL and you will be prompted to select your DLL.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi...
Thanks for responding....

That workes great for testing.
But we haev a lot of machines wich are loaded with SCCM and need a silent unattended install.
So, I need a way to poke it in to the config without user interaction...
Any guidance on this would be greatly appriciated...
Thanks
JR

Hi JR,

Usually the way to go is to get your MCA tablet OEM to build you a customer installer that will do what you need. However, let me check with our development team to see if there is an alternate way to do this.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi JR,

I talked with our developers to see how this could be done on a large scale for systems that already have the MCA software installed. You would basically have to create a script to do the following steps:

1. IntelHealthcareToolTray needs to be stopped.

2. New default handler has to be copied in the MCA\bin directory.

3. IMCASystem-en.xml file needs to be updated for any new template and default values for barcode default handler.

4. Delete the existing MCA CFG file (after making a backup). The CFG file needs to be updated by executing CFGEditor in silent mode once using the command CFGEditor.exe /c

5. IntelHealthcareToolTray needs to be started.

The alternative to this would be to work with the MCA OEM hardware provider to create a new custom installer that will include your customizations.

Thanks,
Steve

I'll try that ...
Thanks
JR

Inicie sesión para dejar un comentario.