"A pointer passed to DEALLOCATE points to an array that cannot be deaallocated" when using pointers between subroutines

"A pointer passed to DEALLOCATE points to an array that cannot be deaallocated" when using pointers between subroutines

I'm using fortran to realize a list, which contains a lot of pointers needed to be allocate in one subroutine and then deallocate in another subroutine. It cost meone week to find out my way using pointers is unsafe );, causing compiler say "A pointer passed to DEALLOCATE points to an array that cannot be deaallocated", sometimeseven say "Subscript #2 of the array TYP has value 0 which is greater than the upper bound of -35783205". Howcan Iusing pointer safely between subroutines and safely deallocate them? good guys please tell me, thank you.....

TYPE :: listele  !the base type of our list
	INTEGER, POINTER, dimension ( : ) :: x
	INTEGER :: d
END TYPE listele

TYPE :: p2listele !to realize a point array
    CLASS (listele), POINTER :: p
END TYPE p2listele

TYPE, EXTENDS(listele) :: mdslist !the final list
	TYPE (p2listele), POINTER, dimension ( :, : )  :: typ
END TYPE mdslist

this is cotained in a MODULE....saying "list". Then I use it in another module whichcontains subroutineallocate some type(mdslist) pointers, and some other subroutine deallocate them. something like

SUBROUTINE produce()
USE list
TYPE (mdslist), POINTER :: tp
INTEGER :: v,w

tp=>NULL()
ALLOCATE(tp)
tp%d=3
tp%x=>NULL()
tp%typ=>NULL()
ALLOCATE(tp%x(1:tp%d))
ALLOCATE(tp%typ(1:2,0:1))
 forall (v=1:2, w=0:1)
      tp%typ(v,w)%p=>NULL()
 end forall
 call inser(head, tp)
 end SUBROUTINE produce

where head is class(lisele) pointer, declared in anothermodule, so I can somehowglobally using "head", inser is a method, which connect two type(mdslist) with the %typ(:,:)%p pointer. for example,set "head0"
to null, and call inser(head0, a) and then inser(head0,b), I should get a list has a head named "head0" with

a%typ(2,1)%p=>b, b%typ(2,0)%p=>a, associated(a, head0)==.true.

Here comes the problem

when I deallocate a member in the list in other subroutines, something like

SUBROUTINE delete(head, np)
call loc(head, lcp, np, k)
tp1=>lcp%(2,0)%p
tp2=>lcp%(2,1)%p
tp1%typ(2,1)%p=>tp2
tp2%typ(2,0)%p=>tp1
deallocate (lcp)
end SUBROUTINE delete

subroutine loc tellsme "np" get to be deletedwhere is inthe list and give its position by point lcp to np, the compiler always tells "A pointer passed to DEALLOCATE points to an array that cannot be deallocated", I assume it is because "np" is a argument in delete or maybe compiler cannot tell np is a single element or array. However, I can't think out any better solution to using the list. And, sometimes, not always, as I mentioned, in runtime, the program may say "Subscript #2 of the array TYP has value 0 which is greater than the upper bound of -35783205", I'm absolute sure typ has been allocated at this time, and according to my allocation there is always 0 in subscript #2, I have no idea why.

Maybe there is a totally better way to using a list like this, or even another way to design the list, I really can't think out now....

PS: all subroutines are in some module or declared in interfaces

well, the gt; in codes is actually ">", I have no idea how to get rid of it, wish don't bother you..

publicaciones de 3 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

Is there are particular reason you are using pointers? If you can use allocatable components and variables, then things are generally safer. Pointers are required for things like circular lists, or where you want to reliably point at components of the list from client code.

If you do need to use pointers, consider default initialisation of the pointer components to NULL - saves on a few lines of code and prevents problems if you forget to nullify components of a newly allocated entity.

Could you perhaps present a small compilable and runnable driver program that used your list? If you can, you can use the "add files" button to present it to the forum and avoid the problems you saw with the syntax highlighter.

I use pointer because I don't know how big exactly the list will be and if I should add one new element to the list, as well as how many elements I will add in specific subroutine, these information all depends.
I'm not sure if allocatable variables can fulfill this,won't they be released when exit the subroutine allocate them?

And, as you can see I set all pointers to NULL for initialization before do allocate.

PS: Another reason I use pointers to realize a list instead of a allocatable array because the list may be very big, and I need its value is in ordered from small to big, I think using pointers can void large computation cost on sorting.

Deje un comentario

Por favor inicie sesión para agregar un comentario. ¿No es socio? Únase ya