It's been fun

It's been fun

Imagen de dotcsw

The past nine weeks have been fun, educational, and a lot of hard work! I'm glad I got to know some of you here on the contest forums.

I signed up for the Apprentice Level to learn more about multi-threaded programming. Well... mission accomplished. This third problem also taught me the finer points of SSE, which was something I'd been meaning to learn.

So enjoy the summer and we'll meet again for Phase 2 after the Developer's Conference. If I'm fortunate enough to win the grand prize this year or any year, my pledge is to move up to the Master Level. Anyone who wins the Apprentice Level is a threading master by definition. I'm looking at you, duncanhopkins. Give the rest of us a chance! ;-)

Now I need to go lie down,

- Rick LaMont

publicaciones de 5 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.
Imagen de duncanhopkins

I'll let you into a secret: My entry for the second problem will not win me any prises. :P

The problems have been very different this year and every body that submitted entry should be proud.
So congratulations to all and good luck.

Imagen de jmfernandez

I agree with you. It was a funny contest, and the information shared by the contestants in the forum is interesting and helpful.

I would like to have the chance to see the source code of other contestants (I have seen that last year Intel published the source code of various contestants). To see how other people face problems is always interesting.

And of course, I hope to see you all in the second phase :o)

Imagen de vdave

Yes, it was great fun, I managed to learn many things about TBB and Intel development tools. Unfortunatelly, I just found out about this contest about a week ago, so I missed the first two problems, but I will definitely be there in phase two. I hope we get some more complex, real-world problem to work on.

Imagen de lazydodo
Quoting jmfernandez

I would like to have the chance to see the source code of other contestants (I have seen that last year Intel published the source code of various contestants). To see how other people face problems is always interesting.

Here's my code for this puzzle (checked the contest rules there seems to
be no rule disalowing posting your code) will post the other ones later
tonight when i have time to write a small post on them. Code was
written in vs2008 + intel compiler V12 on acawin32 or 64 (keep mixing
those up, the one they moved us all to anyhow) the exe was compiled with
/QxHost so will probably only run on the MTL cluster.

Adjuntos: 

AdjuntoTamaño
Descargar LazyDodo_Problem3.zip11.03 MB

Inicie sesión para dejar un comentario.