Mistake in source code attribution

Mistake in source code attribution

Imagen de john_e_lilley

I made a mistake in attribution of one module of my "Rectangle Tiling" submission, and I wanted to bring this to the attention of the judges in the interest of fairness. The modules Allocator.cpp and Allocator.h were originally developed by me for my company and a third party. Later they were released by the third party under LGPL here: http://oss.extendthereach.com/svn/repos/explorer/geocoder/trunk/global/BulkAllocator.cpp http://oss.extendthereach.com/svn/repos/explorer/geocoder/trunk/global/BulkAllocator.h The code that I submitted was derived from this open source, however it lacks the notice and attrribution required by LGPL, and upon closer reading, it is not clear to me that incorporating modified LGPL open source of any kind is allowed by the rules. It is a trivial aspect of the solution, but I will withdraw the submission if it is not deemed to follow the contest guidelines. Please keep in mind, however, that this is my original work. --john

publicaciones de 4 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.
Imagen de john_e_lilley
Well, I'm not getting any feedback form the judges, but I'd suggest that at least put this notice at
the top of the two files before the entry is made public

/********************************************************************
Copyright (C) 1998-2006 SRC, LLC

This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public
License version 2.1 as published by the Free Software Foundation

This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU
Lesser General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public
License along with this library; if not, write to the Free Software
Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA  02110-1301  USA

Modified by John Lilley, June 2011
*********************************************************************/
Imagen de Jeff Kataoka (Intel)

John: Thanks for the FYI on the atttribution and sending the copyright info. We'll check with our legal contact to see if there are any issues we'll need to be concerned about.

Imagen de john_e_lilley

Thanks. Sorry about this; I didn't mean to make more work for you. I've removed this from my next entry.

Inicie sesión para dejar un comentario.