Empty string is corrupted after reading barcode

Empty string is corrupted after reading barcode

I'm running into the same issue mentioned in this post:http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=64610&o=a&s=lr

After scanning a barcode in our .NET application, it appears that the literal empty string is overwritten in memory with a string containing a single zero character, '0'. This memory corruption affects the entire program and any place in code that assigned or passed the empty string (doesn't matter if it's String.Empty or ""), you now get the string "0" rather than the empty string.
Here's a little background on the machine where we're seeing the issue:

• Motion Computing MC-F5 tablet device running Windows 7
  • Intel MCA Platform Driver v3.0.3.34538
  • The software was developed using the Intel MCA SDK v3.0.0.34538

This issue is reproducible using the 'BtnBarcodeDemoNet.exe' demo program that ships with the SDK:

1. Launch the program
  2. Select the Callback radio button and click Register. You'll get a notification message that the callback was registered note that the title of the message box is empty.
  3. Use the hardware button on the device to scan a barcode. You'll get a notification that the data was scanned - note that the title of this message is '0'.

From that point on, any message box shown by the demo will have the title '0'. You can see the same behavior exhibited different ways in the other barcode demo programs.
As you can expect, this issue causes all sorts of problems in our application. Please let me know if there's any additional information I can provide.

publicaciones de 2 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

Hello,

Are you using Visual Studio 2008 or Visual Studio 2005 to compile?

If you are using Visual Studio 2008 then this is a known issue. We plan to resolve thisissue in the next version of MCA software. There is no other workaround at this point other than to compile using Visual Studio 2005.

Thanks,
Steve

Deje un comentario

Por favor inicie sesión para agregar un comentario. ¿No es socio? Únase ya