JVM and OS versions

JVM and OS versions

Hello,

I did some work on MTL a few weeks ago, and the results were puzzling. My group is presently searching for some sort of explanation for the unexpectedly poor performance exhibited by Java standard library's ConcurrentSkipListMap on the MTL servers. (The trials were then run on several other machines, including a 16-core Sun machine, where its performance was vastly improved.) We're hoping we can get some leads from anyone who knows a few MTL system specifics; our current thought is that there might be some funny interaction between the hardware and the process by which the Java VM installation customizes the distribution to fit the hardware. A couple answers that would be helpful at the moment are:

What version of the Java virtual machine is installed? (Printed when the command "java -version" is issued)
What operating system (Red Hat Linux Enterprise Edition, I believe) and version is installed?

Thank you in advance for your help!

publicaciones de 2 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

As reported from: /opt/java/default/bin/java -version
Java SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_20-b02)
Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (build 16.3-b01, mixed mode)

Running RHEL 5.4 kernel2.6.18-164.el5

Hope this helps - if you need more details, please don't hesitate to ask.

Deje un comentario

Por favor inicie sesión para agregar un comentario. ¿No es socio? Únase ya