Bug in cilkpp commandline compiler

Bug in cilkpp commandline compiler

Hi there,

The cilkpp commandline compiler doesn't handle wildcards correctly when parsing source files. This command works with cl:

cl md5main.c md5.c

And works in cilkpp:

cilkpp md5main.c md5.c

Which results in these calls to cl:

CL Compiler
"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\bin\\cl.exe" /c /Fo"C:\\workspace\\Concurrent\\test\\cilk\\md5main.obj" /I "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Intel\\Cilk\\include" "md5main.c"

CL Compiler
"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\bin\\cl.exe" /c /Fo"C:\\workspace\\Concurrent\\test\\cilk\\md5.obj" /I "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Intel\\Cilk\\include" "md5.c"

LINK
"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\bin\\link.exe" /out:"C:\\workspace\\Concurrent\\test\\cilk\\md5main.exe" /libpath:"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Intel\\Cilk\\lib" /libpath:"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\lib" "C:\\workspace\\Concurrent\\test\\cilk\\md5main.obj" "C:\\workspace\\Concurrent\\test\\cilk\\md5.obj" /INCREMENTAL:NO

And this command with wildcards works with cl:

cl md5*.c

But fails with cilkpp:

cilkpp md5*.c

cl : Command line error D8036 : '/FoC:\\workspace\\Concurrent\\test\\cilk\\md5*.obj'
not allowed with multiple source files

The output of verbose shows that it is treating "md5*.c" as a single file, and attempts to set an output filename for it, but cl knows that it is multiple files and so refuses to set a single output filename:

CL Compiler

"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\bin\\cl.exe" /c /Fo"C:\\workspace\\Concurrent\\test\\cilk\\md5*.obj" /I "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Intel\\Cilk\\include" "md5*.c"

cilkpp should be expanding the wildcards itself before it decides which commands to pass on to CL.
publicaciones de 3 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

You're correct. Is this something you need a fix for, or something you can live with?

- Barry

I can live with it :)

Deje un comentario

Por favor inicie sesión para agregar un comentario. ¿No es socio? Únase ya