vtdpview question

vtdpview question

Hi, so I've just started working with the performance tuning utility (on a 64 bit redhat machine), and I'm trying to determine some of the cachingbehaviorsof my application. So far, I've run "vtsarun -d60 -em " and then I run vtdpview on the .tb5 file that was generated. When I do that, nothing really happens all that prints out is intel's copyright header, nothing more.Am I doing something wrong?Thanks for any help with this

publicaciones de 2 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

To use vtdpview you'll need to collect rightsampling events - specifically precise memory events or latency events. You'll also need to pass '-dl' option to the vtsarun to enable data access information collection.
For example, to collect basic data access profilinginformation on Core 2 systems you'll need to run following command:

vtsarun.exe ${experiment_dir} -s -dl -ec INST_RETIRED.ANY_P,MEM_LOAD_RETIRED.L1D_MISS,MEM_LOAD_RETIRED.L2_MISS --

For Nehalem systems where we have latency eventsit could be:

vtsarun.exe ${experiment_dir} -s -dl -ec MEM_INST_RETIRED.LATENCY_ABOVE_THRESHOLD_0 --

Also please consider using PTU GUI - it contains predefined collection profiles including basic data access profiling and more advanced memory access ones.

Deje un comentario

Por favor inicie sesión para agregar un comentario. ¿No es socio? Únase ya