how to setup "color map", "label axis", and "marker" in Intel Array Viewer 3.3?

how to setup "color map", "label axis", and "marker" in Intel Array Viewer 3.3?

Hi,

I'm using Intel Visual Fortran 11.1with Intel ArrayViewer 3.3.

I can not get the "color map" and "label axis" to show up in the debugging environment.
My question is similar to the following post:
http://software.intel.com/file/507

And "marker" can not show up in the "HeightPlot".....

Does anyone knowhow to solve these problems?
Or... is it possible to integrate the previous versions (e.g. v1.6) of Array Visualizer with IVF 11.1 ?

Thanks a lot.

HC

publicaciones de 12 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

Quoting - hctsai
Hi,

I'm using Intel Visual Fortran 11.1with Intel ArrayViewer 3.3.

I can not get the "color map" and "label axis" to show up in the debugging environment.
My question is similar to the following post:
http://software.intel.com/file/507

And "marker" can not show up in the "HeightPlot".....

Does anyone knowhow to solve these problems?
Or... is it possible to integrate the previous versions (e.g. v1.6) of Array Visualizer with IVF 11.1 ?

Thanks a lot.

HC

I don't think the debugging environment supports "color map" or "label axis", though it's possible (though tedious) in Array Viewer to create a graph with this features.

There's no way to hook up the 1.6 Array Viewer into the IVF 11.1 debug environment.

John

Quoting - johnreadey

I don't think the debugging environment supports "color map" or "label axis", though it's possible (though tedious) in Array Viewer to create a graph with this features.

There's no way to hook up the 1.6 Array Viewer into the IVF 11.1 debug environment.

John

Hi John,

Do you have any document which is easy to understand the procedures
for setting the "color map" or "label axis" in the Array Viewer?

I found it is not easy to setup these items correctly.
Thanks.

Regards,
HC

Quoting - hctsai

Hi John,

Do you have any document which is easy to understand the procedures
for setting the "color map" or "label axis" in the Array Viewer?

I found it is not easy to setup these items correctly.
Thanks.

Regards,
HC

Have you tried any of the graph wizards in Array Viewer? Try opening one of the same data files, then select Edit->Add->Graph2D or Graph3D. The wizard walks you through the various options for creating a graph. Hopefully that can get you close to what you want and then you can customize though the various property dialogs.

John

John,

Firstly if you are the John Readey that developed Array Visualizer in the first place, I feel delighted to see you back. Does that mean that AV will get a new lease of life -soon... Steve?

If you look at the postings at the last 2 -3 years for AV you will see a number of the postings related to the question Above... How do we add a label to AV 3D plot, caption , legend, color band, palette. All the things that we were able to do in the CVF AV product. It would be really great if you could show us through a example how to add those. The attached plot shows the difference in capabilities of the CVF AV1.6 and IVF AV3.3.
While IVF AV3.3 looks and feels more powerful it is very difficult to figure out how to get some of basic things like axis labels and markers. Could you please help

Irrespective, glad to see you back

Regards,

Sumit

Imagen de Steve Lionel (Intel)

It's the same John Readey, but he is here as an honored guest at my invitation. John has kindly offered to answer questions as he chooses and as best as he can remember, but he is not working on AV anymore (nor for Intel.) He isn't under any obligation here, so treat him well.

Steve

Steve,
Thats great. Promise to be nice to him. Anything he does is a bonus as I had given up hope on the AV product. I have now got to main my CVF and IVF apps as I cant tell my customers you will now not have what you had before. Anyways, great news and John any assistance at your leisure or faint recollection would be great.

Regards,

Sumit

Yes, it's the same John Readey! I hope I can be of some assistance.

I think the Intel version of Array Visualizer is moreflexiblesince the underlying object model is much more sophisticated than what CAV had. Unfortunately, the layers on top of the object model (graph wizard's, property pages, debug integration, etc) didn't get fully fleshed out.

Anyway, regarding captions, I think there is some bug in caption rendering for 3d graphs that will require a code fix. Adding captions for 2d graphs seem to work ok, that it's a bit of trial and error getting the positioning correct. Here's a caption I made for the bessel.xml sample using the caption wizard...

John

John,

Thanks for being back here at the forum and clarifying some of the issues. Your insight would be very helpful for users of AV, I think

Is it possible to post an IVF example using the CVF AV as an active X control. This would help me clean house and get all the apps running on different computers without loading the VF66_runtime resditributeable. With IVF, I did not need any redistributeables to be loaded on any computer to make the apps run. So thats one step less and convenient. I am not sure if it can be done. Someone had posted a screen shot long time back showing IVF with CAV ocx's loaded on a dialog box but no code was attached.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Sumit

Wow, CAV... If my recollections are hazy about Intel AV, they're really vague about the Compaq version. I think the last Compaq release was ten years ago?

Anyway, as I remember, there wasn't anyway to get the CAV ocx to work with Intel AV. I think the CAV version depended on some special hooks in the compiler.

John

John,

Would you kindly look at this post
http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=50698

There Yitzak has tried to load CAV and IAV in the same form (I think in VB6) Can that not be done in IVF.
Sorry this is the last time I will pester you on this issue. I just want to know if it is an option

Regards,

Sumit

Following is the quote from the thread linked above....

Hi Yitzak,

That's interesting that you have the Compaq AV and Intel AV controls hosted in the same form! Your project is a good resource for any AV/VB6 developers switching between the two versions......

Yeah I had forgotten about that post. I guess you could use the CAV control with IVF, but it will be a bit of a pain. You'll need to deal with the control through the COM api, and pass arrays in in the safearray format. It can be done, but it'll be quite tedious!

John

Inicie sesión para dejar un comentario.