PTU loading data forever

PTU loading data forever

I started sampling with:
vtssrun.exe ./experiment -a 1234

Then I performed the experiment that I wanted to profile by sending data to process 1234 before stopping with:
vtssrun.exe ./experiment --stop

I started eclipse and tried to import the experiment, but the progress window shows 'Loading data...' forever--well, at least for an hour before I killed it. The green dots are moving so PTU hasn't crashed but it never finishes loading the experiment data and never generates an error. How can I determine the problem?

Thanks,
Marc

publicaciones de 4 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

Quoting - mschafermathworks.com
I started sampling with:
vtssrun.exe ./experiment -a 1234

Then I performed the experiment that I wanted to profile by sending data to process 1234 before stopping with:
vtssrun.exe ./experiment --stop

I started eclipse and tried to import the experiment, but the progress window shows 'Loading data...' forever--well, at least for an hour before I killed it. The green dots are moving so PTU hasn't crashed but it never finishes loading the experiment data and never generates an error. How can I determine the problem?

Thanks,
Marc

I should add that vtssview does work with the experiment directory. I am able to view with --flat-profile, --hot-stack, and --graph but I would very much like to be able to use the GUI to navigate the data.

-Marc

Hi Marc,

Sorry for the late reply. There is a known issue with PTU Stack Sampling GUI view - it failes to process big results (never stops). Unfortunately this is a low chance that something can be done with it - the product itself is a vehicle for experimental features.

If this is Windows, you can try to use the Intel Amplifier product or the whole Intel Parallel Studio(it includes Amplifier). In case of problems you will get much better support there.

vtssview still better then nothing. It also allows to analyse performance problems although in a less convenient way than interactive GUI.

K

Quoting - Konstantin Lupach (Intel)

Hi Marc,

Sorry for the late reply. There is a known issue with PTU Stack Sampling GUI view - it failes to process big results (never stops). Unfortunately this is a low chance that something can be done with it - the product itself is a vehicle for experimental features.

If this is Windows, you can try to use the Intel Amplifier product or the whole Intel Parallel Studio(it includes Amplifier). In case of problems you will get much better support there.

vtssview still better then nothing. It also allows to analyse performance problems although in a less convenient way than interactive GUI.

K

alternatively just use the event based sampling and you will likely get what you need to optimize your application
(vtsarun if you insist on using the command line..:-) )
d

Inicie sesión para dejar un comentario.