How to get MCA driver certification for new hardware

How to get MCA driver certification for new hardware

Imagen de tcmichals

I'm a IHV and going over all of the documentation and APIs, one question surfaced, is there some type of driver certification that needs to happen for a MCA driver for a bar code reader?

publicaciones de 5 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.
Imagen de tcmichals
Quoting - tcmichals I'm a IHV and going over all of the documentation and APIs, one question surfaced, is there some type of driver certification that needs to happen for a MCA driver for a bar code reader?

Also, is there some registration process to obtain in order to publish the driver? Or a registration process for getting the driver into a release?

Thanks,

Tim

Imagen de Steven Murray (Intel)

Hi tcmichals,

I am not sure if I understand what you are asking. I think what you are asking is if you have a 3rd party barcode reader you would like it supported by the MCA software that is not supported today, is there is a process to add it.

The MCA platform driver which supports the different device is written and tested for the entire platform (i.e. Motion Computing C5, Panasonic H1), not just the barcode, camera, or RFID hardware. So if you have a new barcode device that you would like supported, it would have to be submitted under the platform by the tablet OEM. We do not test or certify barcode devices separately. So for example, if you want to plug in a USB hand held barcode reader to a normal PC and run MCA software, that would not be supported.

Let me know if that did not answer your question.

Thanks,
Steve

Imagen de tcmichals
Quoting - Steven Murray (Intel)
Hi tcmichals,

I am not sure if I understand what you are asking. I think what you are asking is if you have a 3rd party barcode reader you would like it supported by the MCA software that is not supported today, is there is a process to add it.

The MCA platform driver which supports the different device is written and tested for the entire platform (i.e. Motion Computing C5, Panasonic H1), not just the barcode, camera, or RFID hardware. So if you have a new barcode device that you would like supported, it would have to be submitted under the platform by the tablet OEM. We do not test or certify barcode devices separately. So for example, if you want to plug in a USB hand held barcode reader to a normal PC and run MCA software, that would not be supported.

Let me know if that did not answer your question.

Thanks,
Steve

Oh ok, so if the platform was the Motion Computing C5 device, we need to see if the bar code scanner already is supported? For example, it is a USB HID device supporting the bar code descriptors. So, this then should be supported by the MCA software?

Sorry for the confustion, just a little lost on how the process works. I was tasked to see if this model is supported using the MCA software.

So, now I'm trying to understand the process.

Tim

Imagen de Steven Murray (Intel)

Hi Tim,

Correct, the first step would be to make sure the MCA tablet vendor does want to support the device with their hardware. Once they agree with you to do that, then they will submit the change request for the MCA platform driver specific to their hardware to Intel to certify/validate the new device support.

Thanks,
Steve

Inicie sesión para dejar un comentario.