A problem with vtssrun

A problem with vtssrun

Hi everybody!

I have a problem. It seems that my vtssrun doesn't work under Linux. I have downloaded ptu 3.2 and run vtssrun in order to get a profile info for my app. I ran the vtssrun with following options:

vtssrun orig -- ./gcc expr.i

Here gcc is a statically linked application from CPU2006 suite that runs about 1-2 minute on my Woodcrest:

[build_base_o2.0000]$ file gcc

gcc: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.6.9, statically linked, for GNU/Linux 2.6.9, not stripped

Then I ran vtssview:

[build_base_o2.0000]$ vtssview orig -c

Intel Performance Tuning Utility version 3.2 Update 1

Copyright (C) 2006-2008 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved

Converting trace files Conversion successful: The given directory does not contain the trace files.

[build_base_o2.0000]$ ls orig

ModuleAssociationCache.xml ebs1234242005582618.tb5 history.log summary.xmi vtsaview.log vtune.db

[build_base_o2.0000]$

[build_base_o2.0000]$ vtssview orig -p

Intel Performance Tuning Utility version 3.2 Update 1

Copyright (C) 2006-2008 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved

Converting trace files DB file not found

I checked vtsarun and it worked fine and produced normal data that I viewed using vtsaview, so the sampling works fine.

What did I do wrong?

publicaciones de 3 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

Quoting - nserdjuk

Here gcc is a statically linked application from CPU2006 suite that runs about 1-2 minute on my Woodcrest:

What did I do wrong?

This is one of known and documented issues. The statistical callgraph collector on Linux does not support profiling of statically linked applications. See the product release notes to get the full list of limitations affecting functionality of your interests. This will help to save a lot of time by avoiding dealing with the things that are not supported.

Quoting - Konstantin Lupach (Intel)

This is one of known and documented issues. The statistical callgraph collector on Linux does not support profiling of statically linked applications. See the product release notes to get the full list of limitations affecting functionality of your interests. This will help to save a lot of time by avoiding dealing with the things that are not supported.

Thank you Konstantin! Dynamically linked binary works fine!

Deje un comentario

Por favor inicie sesión para agregar un comentario. ¿No es socio? Únase ya