quickwin example code

quickwin example code

I am having some trouble finding any example Fortran QuickWin code. I have programmed in Fortran for many years but have stayed blissfully ignorant of Windows programming. I have been asked to add a progress bar to a console application. What I am looking for is a VERY basic first example / tutorial / introduction to dealing with windows in Fortran. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David Bradley

bradley@tess-inc.com

publicaciones de 17 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

Simple QuickWin example follows:

print *, "Hello, world!"
end

The thing about QuickWin is that you can take an ordinary Fortran "console" application, build it as a QuickWin application, and you have an instant "Windows look and feel". You can then add functionality (menus, graphics, dialogs, etc.) as you desire.

A few QuickWin samples ship with the compiler. Calendar is probably the simplest. Others show advanced techniques.

Let me suggest, though, that you look at Jugoslav Dujic's free xeffort library. A progress bar can be added to most applications without too much effort.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Here's an example I whipped up tonight based on an MSDN sample. It consists of a module with three routines, one to create a progress bar, one to set the position in percent done and one to remove it, plus a test program that uses the module.

In this example, the progress bar is always placed along the bottom of the foreground window and has no other content. Using a dialog box with a progress bar control, and maybe a string that you update with the numerical percent done, is also possible (different coding technique.)

Adjuntos: 

AdjuntoTamaño
Descargar VF_Progress.f902.57 KB
Descargar ProgressExample.F90382 bytes
Steve - Intel Developer Support

I have started looking at using a progress bar but found these two examples no longer available. Should I be looking somewhere else or can they be restored?

Neels

A MSDN C example is at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/hh298373(v=vs.85).aspx converting to fortran would only yake a few minutes.

Actually you have prompted me as I need a progress bar, I made a test routine below based on the MSDN sample.

!

subroutine msdn_progress_bar_use_example()
 use ifqwin
 use ifwin
 implicit none
 integer l1
 type(T_RECT) :: rcClient ! ! Client area of parent window.
 integer(4) :: cyVScroll; ! Height of scroll bar arrow.
 integer(handle) :: hwndPB ! Handle of progress bar.
 integer(bool) :: bret
 integer(LRESULT) :: ires
 integer(LONG_PTR) :: lParam_range !or whatever 16 bits max as range is lower part of 32 bit value
 !stuff we need to supply.....
 integer(handle) :: hwndParent ! handle of parent window 
 integer(UINT_PTR) :: step = 1 
 integer(LONG_PTR) :: range_min =0, range_max=100
 lParam_range=ishft(range_max,16) + range_min !hi word, low word 16bit + 16bit
 ! Ensure that the common control DLL is loaded
 !InitCommonControls() !required for windows 95 or ealier
 hwndParent = GETHWNDQQ (QWIN$FRAMEWINDOW ) !make the qwin frame window the parent of the progress bar
 ! Base the height of the progress bar on the height of a scroll bar arrow. 
 bret = GetClientRect(hwndParent, rcClient)
 cyVScroll = GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYVSCROLL) 
 !create a progress bar along the bottom of the client area of the parent window. 
 hwndPB = CreateWindowEx(0, PROGRESS_CLASS, NULL, &
 ior(WS_CHILD, WS_VISIBLE), rcClient%left,& 
 rcClient%bottom - cyVScroll, &
 rcClient%right, cyVScroll, &
 hwndParent, 0, 0, NULL) 
 !FUNCTION SendMessage(hWnd,Msg,wParam,lParam) ! sendmessage interface for ref user32.f90
 ! integer(LRESULT) :: SendMessage ! LRESULT
 ! integer(HANDLE) hWnd ! HWND hWnd
 ! integer(UINT) Msg ! UINT Msg
 ! integer(UINT_PTR) wParam ! WPARAM wParam
 ! integer(LONG_PTR) lParam ! LPARAM lParam
 !END FUNCTION
 ! Set the range and increment of the progress bar. 
 ires = SendMessage(hwndPB, PBM_SETRANGE, 0, lParam_range) 
 ires = SendMessage(hwndPB, PBM_SETSTEP, step, 0) 
 do l1=1,range_max/step
 call sleep(10000*step/range_max) !simulate doing somthing for 10s
 ! Advance the current position of the progress bar by the increment.
 ires = SendMessage(hwndPB, PBM_STEPIT, 0, 0); 
 enddo 
 bret = DestroyWindow(hwndPB)
end subroutine msdn_progress_bar_use_example
!!

Thanks that will help. I want to display it in a dialog box and was planning to use GetDlgItem but it is not listed in the online help.

Neels

That should work on a dialog I would think the first item in the dioalog structure is dlg%hwnd which is the handle of the dialog to use as the parent.

Yes thanks, it is mostly described in the following thread:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/274479

I still wonder why GetDlgItem is not in the IVF help files or am I looking in the wrong place?

getdlgitem is not a quickwin  command it is a  window api call (see mdsn) so you will need to have "use ifwin"   but when you do in quickwin something like retl4 = dlginit(IDD_DIALOG_CALCS,mydlg) then the returned data "mydlg" has the handle you need in mydlg%hwnd (look at it in the debugger) 

I know it is not a QuickWin command. I have used the process as described in the link in my previous post without success.

I split the code I posted above into 3 utilities   INIT ( creates the control and sets min,max,step) DESTROY and STEP (source attached), I added in an iflogm dialog and it works fine:

RETL4 = DLGINIT(IDD_DIALOG,DLG) ! create an iflogm dialog
RETL4 = DLGSETSUB (DLG, IDD_DIALOG , mycallback) ! create callback for init/destroy events
subroutine mycallback(DLG,ID,CBtype)
    if(id.eq.IDD_DIALOG) then
        if (cbtype.eq.DLG_INIT) then
            ! note that dlg%hwnd is NOT set until dlginit is called 
            call cc_progress_bar_init(hwndPB,dlg%hwnd,0,100,10)
        elseif(cbtype.eq.DLG_DESTROY) then
            call cc_progress_bar_destroy(hwndPB)
        endif
    elseif(ID.eq. id_another_control)
    elseif(ID.eq. id_yet_another_control)
    else
    endif
end subroutine mycallback
!and somewhere in my dialog callbacks that do stuff
call cc_progress_bar_step(hwndPB) ! increment the progress bar by step

Adjuntos: 

AdjuntoTamaño
Descargar progress.f902.18 KB

Thanks. Is there a specific reason you do not use the resource editor to create the progress bar and then just use GetDlgItem to get its handle?

The method used can create a progress bar for a dialog, a window or a stand along progress bar window if you change the  parent parameters. If you get the handle via getglgitem you can attach it to some other resource in a dialog but I haven't tried that.

I have tried many options but nothing I do  get it to work. I start the progress bar as follows:

write(66,*)
        hWpb = GetDlgItem(dlg%hWnd, IDC_Progress_CdMap)
        write(66,*)'hWpb = ',hWpb
        write(66,*)
        write(66,*)'NumLiftPoints = ',NumLiftPoints

iRes = SendMessage(hWpb, PBM_SetRange, 0, NumLiftPoints)
        write(66,*)'Previous Range     ',ires

iRes = SendMessage(hWpb, PBM_SetPos,   0, 0)
        write(66,*)'Previous Position  ',ires

iRes = SendMessage(hWpb, PBM_SetStep,  1, 0)
        write(66,*)'Previous StepValue ',ires
        write(66,*)

and then increment the progress bar in another callback where the calculations are done:

Res = SendMessage(hWpb, PBM_StepIt,  0, 0)
          write(66,*)'Previous Position ',i,res

and get the following results:

hWpb =      1508468

NumLiftPoints =           12
 Previous Range                1
 Previous Position            12
 Previous StepValue            1

and in the calculation the position is incremented by 1 in each loop.

Help!

the call PBM_SetRange the last parameter  NumLiftPoints should be a 32 bit integer  and this has min and max as low and high words... Some examples are posted hight up the topic. 

lParam_range=ishft(range_max,16) + range_min !hi word, low word 16bit + 16bit
or something simillar

Thanks, I now have it working. Had to study some on hi and low words etc. Wish Intel would add a wrapper for this as part of the dialog and qwin options.

Deje un comentario

Por favor inicie sesión para agregar un comentario. ¿No es socio? Únase ya