Intel Pro 3945abg driver crash problem. HELP!

Intel Pro 3945abg driver crash problem. HELP!

Imagen de mrewooten

I have a Toshiba M105-3084 equipped with an Intel 3945abg wireless adapter running under WindowsXP Media Center Edition service pack 2. The wifi has performed well over the last two years up until about 2 weeks ago when I decided to tinker with the setting for Throughput Enhancement. I enabled this feature in the driver settings and about 4 hours later the wifi crashed. I reset the Throughput Enhancement to Disable. About 20 hours later the wifi driver crashed. And it has been doing it since.

Here is what I have done so far:
Updated the driver
Rolled back the driver to all versions since 10.0.x.x
Uninstalled the driver and installed the latest driver clean
Turned off power management as rec. by Intel FAQs
Set Roaming Agressiviness to a minimum as rec by Intel FAQs
Tried a different Access Point. I am using a Westell327w. I switched back to my old Microsoft MN700.
Turned off any and all other programs/drivers that I thought might have any effect.
None of the above fixes makes any difference!

In the Windows Event Viewer nothing shows up unusual. No errors or warnings. Clean from boot to crash.
In the Intel wireless troubleshooter log nothing shows up as an error.
I have used both the Proset Wireless software and Windows to manage the wifi connection. I currently have totally uninstalled the Proset Wireless software and am using windows management. No change in the symptoms.

Here is what happens... The wireless works flawlessly for anywhere from 2 minutes to 20 hours after booting the machine. Then, for no apparent reason the machine freezes for about 4 seconds and returns to normal with the exception of the fact that the wireless is dead. The connection icon still shows connected but it will not respond to double-click, right click, etc. If I go into device manager I can usually get the driver properties to show up but if I try to change anything or uninstall the driver after the crash the machine locks up. Sometimes the only remedy then is to cut the power. When the driver crashes, the only recovery is a re-boot. Once booted everything is fine until the next crash. By the way, the driver crashes no matter what I am doing or whar software is running. It will even crash with the computer sitting quietly on the desk auto checking email every 10 minutes...

I think I am pretty good with Windows and computer hardware but I have run out of ideas on this one guys. This is my main computer and it is driving me nuts. It is as if something was set when I changed the Throughput enhancement the first time and no matter what I do I can't reset it. Could it be a trashed registry entry? Something in the firmware on the card? HELP! HELP! HELP!

FWIW: I have three other computers on wireless here and one with an Intel 2200 card. All work fine. My research on the web indicates I am not alone with this problem but I have yet to find a solution. What gets me is that this card worked fine for two years until I changed that one setting. You Intel folks who know how the hardware and software works might get a clue from this sequence. I sure hope you do. This is driving me nuts...

publicaciones de 6 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.
Imagen de mrewooten

Well, don't everybody jump in there at once! It looks like there isa flaw in this hardware that has allowed the driver to damage the hardware settings in the adapter. I would not have expected such from Intel. I also didn't expect zero support.

I am guessing my only option is to replace the card. Judging by the support here, it won't be an Intel product.

Imagen de mrewooten

Thanks for all the help. I am really impressed with Intel right now. Three weeks on here and not a single reply. Impressive!

I fixed the problem by the way. I bought acompetitor's card. You guys ought to recall the 3945abg if you can't fix them with software.

Imagen de sr_lopes
Quoting - mrewooten

Well, don't everybody jump in there at once! It looks like there isa flaw in this hardware that has allowed the driver to damage the hardware settings in the adapter. I would not have expected such from Intel. I also didn't expect zero support.

I am guessing my only option is to replace the card. Judging by the support here, it won't be an Intel product.

I have the EXACT same problem and cannot find help. My adapter works well fora time but always crashes when doing "big" downloads or live streaming... I have tied rolling back drivers and all sorts but did not manage to resolve the problem.... it is an intermittentt fault.... please help

Imagen de Lester Memmott (Intel)
Sorry to hear you've been having trouble witht he 3945abg networking adapter. Your best option is to go to the OEM that sold you the computer and get support from them.Note that this forum is for mobile application software development and not for technical support issues which is why you didn't get a response from any of the people that frequent it.
Imagen de mrewooten
Quoting - sr_lopes

I have the EXACT same problem and cannot find help. My adapter works well fora time but always crashes when doing "big" downloads or live streaming... I have tied rolling back drivers and all sorts but did not manage to resolve the problem.... it is an intermittentt fault.... please help

You and hundreds if not thousands of other people. If you research it with a web search you will find report after report. I didn't get any support here or from any of Intel's support sites.

I replaced the adapter with a Gigabyte WS50g and so far it has performed flawlessly. Here is one site that has them in stock.

http://www.oxfordtec.com/ca/p149/GIGABYTE-GN-WS50G--802.11-b/g-Atheros-AR5007-chipset-minicard-mPCI-express-card/product_info.html

Inicie sesión para dejar un comentario.