Probably very simple (I hope)
I simply want to edit a skeleton (hkx
format) to make a few simple changes to allow more fluid animations in a
game Im currently modding mostly for my own entertainment and learning
experience.
I did search for a solution and from what I have read I
should be able to use Havok Content tools? Im not so sure about that
thougt, so if someone would be kind enough to fill in the blanks for me
that would be greatly appriciated, Thanks! :)

publicaciones de 5 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

Hi mendourksena:
To be honest, Havok Content Tools is not a skeleton(bone) editor. It can EXPORT the skeleton(bone) data into hkx file, but NOT CREATE it. If you want to know how to make skeletons(bones), you'd better refer to some 3DMax or Maya tutorial.http://docs.autodesk.com/3DSMAX/15/ENU/3ds-Max-Tutorials/index.html(search for bones)

By the way, what kind of fluid animations you want to create, if you want to create some simple water effect, you can use particle system, if a huge ocean effect, there are some plugin tools for 3DMax to do it. If you want some fluid physics such as cloth, Havok Cloth System can help you.

Joe
Developer Support Engineer
Havok
www.havok.com

Hi mendouksena:I'd like to know some detail info about your problem. For example, what kind of change you want to apply on the skeleton, what exactly the problem you meet with for the animation callback. Is the single anim not play very smooth? Or the anims not blending each other very smooth?As far as I know, Havok Content Tools do not have the special function to adjust the skeleton manually. We are using all 3DMax(or Maya) features for animations. Meanwhile, you can adjust some of the skeleton and bone properties or setup IKs in run time.If you feel the animation blending has problem, you can adjust those ease paramenter in hkaDefaultAnimationControl . Also, you can look at our NormalBlendingDemo to sync the playback speed for different anims.

Joe
Havok
www.havok.com

Hi Joe and thank you for your answer,
as for the animations they are fine, the thing is that the current animations i have look rather stiff so I want to add another spine to the skeleton, so for example if i want to make an animation with a caracter bending forward with the current skeleton wich only have 2 spine bones it looks very unnatrual and stiff so i want to add one or two more bones to the spine but i have no idea how to do that sence i have never used havok tools before!

Hi mendouksena:
Havok Content Tools can not help you create a bone, you still need to create it through Modeller. But it can help you map the low resolution bones to the high resolution bones. For example, you have a low res rig with 2 spine bones, and a low res animation to drive it. Also, you created a high res rig with 5 spine bones. You can create a skeleton mapper data in code, or by Havok Content Tools. And then, in the code, you can just update the low res animation, and use skeleton mapper data to drive the high res skeleton by using low res skeleton pose.

Here is a very good demo you can refer to
Animation > Api > Skeletal Mappingthe code is in SkeletonMappingDemo.cpp

You can see that the high res animation can drive the low res skeleton , the low res animation (which you have) can drive the high res skeleton as well.

Please refer to the documentation:Havok Animation > Animation Runtime > Skeleton Mappersto have some detail informations.

Good luck

Joe
Havok
www.havok.com

Deje un comentario

Por favor inicie sesión para agregar un comentario. ¿No es socio? Únase ya