D945GCLF Atom230 & Hyperthreading

D945GCLF Atom230 & Hyperthreading

Hi,

we are developing an embedded OS, which runs successfully on intel multiprocessor and hyperthreading cpus.
The problem with the Atom Cpu/Board is that the MPS Configuration Table reports only 1 Processor instead of 2, which stops the operating system from using hyper threading.

Hyperthreading is enabled in BIOS.
Firmware was updated yesterday to the current from the Intel website.
Can you help?

Kind regards

publicaciones de 2 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

Quoting - mratomic
Hi,

we are developing an embedded OS, which runs successfully on intel multiprocessor and hyperthreading cpus.
The problem with the Atom Cpu/Board is that the MPS Configuration Table reports only 1 Processor instead of 2, which stops the operating system from using hyper threading.

Hyperthreading is enabled in BIOS.
Firmware was updated yesterday to the current from the Intel website.
Can you help?

Kind regards

Occasionally, I see the same symptom with the desktop board and CPU as well. The workaround is to reboot the system and that works for me so I would suspect that you are having a BIOS issue. You might want to report this issue back toyour place ofpurchase or your distributor to push for an updated BIOS. If it is an Intel board, you could try contact the support call center and here is the link for support: http://www.intel.com/support/feedback.htm

-Thai

Deje un comentario

Por favor inicie sesión para agregar un comentario. ¿No es socio? Únase ya