Installing the Array Vizualizer with the 10.1 Fortran compiler with MSVS Partner edition and Windows Vista

Installing the Array Vizualizer with the 10.1 Fortran compiler with MSVS Partner edition and Windows Vista

Hi Advisors,

I have just installed intel 10.1 Fortran with the MSVS Partner Edition 2005 on a Windows Vista machine. Have been trying to enable "view array" in the debug menu. [Originally, I thought this was part of the MSVS, since the software's features boast a data visualizer. Possibly correct?] Anyway as a backup, I have downloaded and installed the Intel Array Visualizer. However, the VS does not see the Intel product; "view array" remains greyed out.

I followed the old release notes which told me to go to the tools button in the VS menu bar then to "options" and then down to "Projects". However, in the new software the closest thing to this is "Projects and Solutions." In this I can find no list of directories, so it isnt clear how to add Include as the installation notes recommend. Nor can I find "Library files"so I can addLib.

1. Can someone suggest a wayto provide the necessary redirection in thenew Intel 10.1/MSVS?

2. Is there any other way to activate the "view array" debug option with the present software?

3. Would the full fledged MSVS 2005 provide the desired array visualization, should the Partner edition fail at this?

Rod

publicaciones de 15 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.
Imagen de Steve Lionel (Intel)

I successfully installed and used Array Visualizer 3.3 with Visual Studio 2005 Premier Partner Edition and Intel Visual Fortran 10.1. While debugging, I right clicked on an array name and selected "View Array" and it did.

Array Visualizer is/was an Intel Visual Fortran feature, not part of Visual Studio.

To add the AV folders, select Tools > Options > Intel Fortran > Directories.

Steve

I tried to do what you suggest and there is no directory tab when I follow: Tools > Options > Intel Fortran > Directories

Under Fortran there is only General and Compilers. Is the VA toolset something that does not come with Intel Fortran 10.1?

Thanks, Rich

Do you solve this problem?

I have this one also, if you succed, pls tell me!!

Thx

Hallo,

I have the same problems.

1) I can not find any directories in C:Program FilesIntelArray Visulizer for Lib & Include when I install array viewer from av_rt_em64t.zip.

2) "View Array" option in debug always remains grey and not active.

How to make it active in debugging?

Regards,

Lei

Hallo,

I have found directories for Lib & Include. They are in av_dev_em64t.zip instead of av_rt_em64t.zip. However both Array Visulizer and "View Array" option in debugging still remain grey and not active.

Has anyone experience to make it active in debugging?

Regards,

Lei

I have exactly the same problem.
Does any one has found a solution?

My platform: MS Visual studio 2008 + Windows XP sp3

Quoting - junziyang

My platform: MS Visual studio 2008 + Windows XP sp3

I am struggling with this too. Seems like Array Visualizer would be an invaluable tool, but I'm spending more time learning how to install it than I would save by using it.

I'll try to collect my experiences in a different post, but for now it seems like crucial additional steps would be to uninstall and reinstall the Fortran Compiler (not sure if the whole visual studio suite has to be reinstalled as well)

Visual Studio does not need to be uninstalled. Really all that needs to happen is that the Fortran VS integration needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled. You may find that running the appropriate repair tool attached to this article will do the trick.

Steve

Quoting - Steve Lionel (Intel)
Visual Studio does not need to be uninstalled. Really all that needs to happen is that the Fortran VS integration needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled. You may find that running the program in the attached ZIP files (one for each VS version) will do the trick.

Thank you very much sir! I started another thread to collect my experiences, and I'll refer to this thread. I'll test these files out later today.

Quoting - bruppel1

Thank you very much sir! I started another thread to collect my experiences, and I'll refer to this thread. I'll test these files out later today.

Except for some IE warnings about the .ocx, it works like a charm! Thanks!

I'm curious - what was the warning? The program doesn't do anything with OCX files.

Steve

Quoting - Steve Lionel (Intel)
I'm curious - what was the warning? The program doesn't do anything with OCX files.

I'm sorry, I can't reproduce. The window came up and gave me a standard-looking (from IE) yellow bar at the top warning about running an .ocx. I wish I could remember the error but I can't get it to return. If it comes back after a reboot I will post what I see here. It may be a generic ocx file that is getting triggered by whatever array visualizer is trying to do.

Hello Steve (Lionel),
I have attempted to integrate Array Visualizer with IVF 11.1.067 (32-bit version), and no matter how I do the includes, my "View Array" buttons remain greyed out. After installing IVF and AV, I modified the directory paths several time with no success. The latest version is as follows:

EXE: $(IFortInstallDir)bin\ia32;$(CommonProgramFiles)\Intel\Shared Files\Ia32\Bin;$(VSInstallDir)Common7\IDE;$(VCInstallDir)BIN;$(VSInstallDir)Common7\Tools;$(VSInstallDir)Common7\Tools\bin;$(FrameworkDir)$(FrameworkVersion);$(WindowsSdkDir)bin;C:\Program Files\Intel\Array Visualizer\bin;$(PATH)

LIB: $(IFortInstallDir)lib\ia32;$(IFortInstallDir)mkl\ia32\lib;$(VCInstallDir)atlmfc\lib;$(VCInstallDir)lib;$(VCInstallDir)PlatformSDK\lib;$(VCInstallDir)PlatformSDK\lib\x86;$(WindowsSdkDir)lib;C:\Program Files\Intel\Array Visualizer\lib\em64t;

INCLUDE: $(IFortInstallDir)include;$(IFortInstallDir)include\ia32;$(IFortInstallDir)mkl\include;$(VCInstallDir)atlmfc\include;$(VCInstallDir)include;$(VCInstallDir)PlatformSDK\include;$(WindowsSdkDir)include;C:\Program Files\Intel\Array Visualizer\include\em64t;

and nothing worked. Can you suggest anything that I can do to get the integration between IVF 11.0.067 / Visual Studio 2008 SP1 and the array visualizer working?

Thanks
Steve Chapman

Inicie sesión para dejar un comentario.