Problem with a UPnP device on Windows Mobile through Bluetooth network

Problem with a UPnP device on Windows Mobile through Bluetooth network

Hi,

I've built a UPnP device on Windows mobile using Intel tools, the'Device Builder'.

Device Spy can recognize the UPnP device on WindowsMobilethrough not only WiFi and but also Activesysnc.

However the UPnP device cannot be seen by the Device Spy through Bluetooth network.

In detail, you cansee onlypackets "Notify" going out through Bluetooth, no incoming packets targeted this UPnP device, while another internet application such as 'internet explorer' can surf the web through the Bluetooth network.

Is anyone who can give me tips for connecting UPnP devices on Windows mobile through Bluetooth?

Thank you in advance

publicaciones de 10 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

Hello Sisimma,

Im trying to build a UPnP device for Windows Mobile 6 using the Intel UPnP Device Builder, but there are linkage exceptions:

Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol SHCreateMenuBar referenced in function "protected: virtual int __cdecl CSampleProjectDlg::OnInitDialog(void)" (?OnInitDialog@CSampleProjectDlg@@MAAHXZ) SampleProjectDlg.obj
Error 2 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol assert referenced in function MSCPEventSink_ContentDirectory_ContainerUpdateIDs MediaServerControlPoint.obj
Error 3 fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals Windows Mobile 6 Standard SDK

There is no problem to build a UPnP device for normal Windows but I didn't manage to do it for Mindows Mobile. You seemed to have succeeded at that point so could you help me ? Did you change anything apecial in the compilation/linkage properties ?

Cheers
Jean

Hi. Jean,

I didn't have such problems with my project. So what I can tell you is just what I've done with the device builder and something else.

What I did to get my project running onWindows mobile 6 professional (not Standard):

1. Generating2003PPC version Sample project using Intel device builder

- EVC++ installed

- 2003 PPC SDK installed

- UPnP sampleproject generated using Intel device builder

- Building the sampleproject for 2003PPC device and running on Windows mobile 6 Professional

2. Creating temp projectusing Visual studio 2005 for smart device in C++

- Visual studio 2005 installed

- Windows mobile 6 Professional SDK installed

- Creating temp project using wizard of Visual studio 2005 for WM 6 professional device

- Building temp project and running on WM6 Professinal device

3. Ported the sampleproject into the temp project on Visual studio 2005

That's it.

Hopefully, this is helpful for you.

Good luck.

hi. I am making a UPnP media server, and client, using intel device builder. I have the server running. I also have the application program to support the client (for user interface, and playing music, etc), and the client stack (control point console application) generated for both Pocket PC and Windows embedded system . Now i have to run the control point program on pda, which i dont know how to do ( I tried making a new smart device application project in VC++, and copied all the code, changed c extensions to C++, but then alot of errors have creeped up. I tried removing some of them by typecasting, but there are still somemore. I dont know if thisis the right way to go about it or not). After getting the control point application woring on the PDA, i have to mergre the user interface application program, which is another issue.

I would request you to kindly reply back asap. I have to get this over project overby July 10th.

anshuman

Hi. Anshuman,

Unfortunately, I have no idea about control points generated by Intel device builder because I have only done Device porting.

Sorry about that

Quoting - sisimma

Hi. Jean,

I didn't have such problems with my project. So what I can tell you is just what I've done with the device builder and something else.

What I did to get my project running onWindows mobile 6 professional (not Standard):

- EVC++ installed

- 2003 PPC SDK installed

- Building the sampleproject for 2003PPC device and running on Windows mobile 6 Professional

- Creating temp project using wizard of Visual studio 2005 for WM 6 professional device

That's it.

Good luck.

Quoting - sisimma

Hi. Jean,

- EVC++ installed

- 2003 PPC SDK installed

That's it.

Good luck.

Hi Sisimma,

I've been trying to implement UPnP on Windows Mobile 6. While I search the related issues from Network, most of they are posted by you. I guess you've already resolved the problem. I've tried lots of method. But all of they are failed. Now I'm trying Intel UPnP tools. I'm stuck with the problem that the eVC4(sp3) can't successfully built simpleproject generated from Device Builder (which is your step1 point4). Could you kindly share the build img of simpleproject with me? It would be highly appreciated.

bests,

Vivian

Hi,
I resolved the issue I was facing. Thanks a lot.
Vivian

Quoting - vivianwuac

Hi,
I resolved the issue I was facing. Thanks a lot.
Vivian

Hi Vivianwuac/Sisimma,

probably i am the last one to ask these thype of question and after this, MSFT should give something in the sample apps for these issues. I put lot of efforts to run the sample app of the upnpdevice from wince sdk (after looking at the posts from sisimma), I have sucessful until calling RegisterRunningDevice API call, but after that this API is returing 80000007 (E_HANDLE) and i dint find any solution to this, so i am leaving this effort here only (until i get something from MSFT or from you guys on this.), So now moving to Intel device builder.
Aim: To get an upnp winmob6 device registered on network using wifi (looks like sisimma , achieved this,, PLEASE CONFIRM?)
I want to use device builder, but want to know basics of that, means how to create a sample project and then how to use that code for winmob device?

I hope for a quick reply from you guys
ravi

I have the same problem. When I can't compile the stack because it has many errors... Im worried about that...

Inicie sesión para dejar un comentario.