Cannot see RFID reader

Cannot see RFID reader

Hello,
I've just downloaded Intel Mobile Platform SDK and MCA but i cannot see my FEIG RFID Reader connected at the USB Port.
When i make

RfidReaderClass myClass = new RfidReaderClass();
RfidReaderCollection myCollection= (RfidReaderCollection)myClass.GetInstances();

if (!myCollection.HasNext())
{
textBox1.Text = "NO INSTANCE";
}
I always get "NO INSTANCE".

I think i have to specify connection parameters (speed, com port, etc,.) but i don't know how to do it.
Thanks in advance and greetings,
Marco

publicaciones de 6 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

Hi Marco,

It currently works with the Skyetek M1 RFID reader.

Jason

I have a question to ask regarding the compatible RFID reader supported by Intel Mobile SDK. Can I use Sense 1815B as my reader ? This rfid reader comes with API for software development. Hope to get some fast and accurate assistance. Thank you.

Regards,
Cheah
info@zitexweb.com

Quoting - zhcheah

I have a question to ask regarding the compatible RFID reader supported by Intel Mobile SDK. Can I use Sense 1815B as my reader ? This rfid reader comes with API for software development. Hope to get some fast and accurate assistance. Thank you.

Regards,
Cheah
info@zitexweb.com

Cheah,

You can use virtually anyRFID reader with the Intel Mobile Platform SDK but for each of them you need to write a data provider that enables it to plug into the overall framework. The challenge is that each manafacturer has created their own set of interfaces to operate with their readers. Because of the lack of standards in this space, it is necessary to write a plugin component (called a "provider") that enables it to work in the system. Out of the box, a provider for the Skyetek M1 RFID reader is provided. To write your own provider you'll want to take a look at the PDK (Provider Developer Kit) document on the product web site: http://ossmpsdk.intel.com/ver.php?fid=54

Thanks,
Lester

Lester,

Thanks for the fast reply. Actually, the manufacturer (Sense) provide few .dll files that comes with SDK Documentation on how to use it? Does it work with the Intel Mobile Sdk or do I need to re-write the provider dll again? Plus, another question on Intel Mobile SDK, do I need to have any mobile devices to work with it or just the device alone plugging into my laptop/pc? Thanks again.

Cheah

Quoting - zhcheah
Lester,

Thanks for the fast reply. Actually, the manufacturer (Sense) provide few .dll files that comes with SDK Documentation on how to use it? Does it work with the Intel Mobile Sdk or do I need to re-write the provider dll again? Plus, another question on Intel Mobile SDK, do I need to have any mobile devices to work with it or just the device alone plugging into my laptop/pc? Thanks again.

Cheah

Cheah,

Unless theyclaim that the DLLs are compatible with the Intel Mobile Platform SDK, I would asume they are not and you'd have to write the Provider I mentioned above.

Regarding a development platform, yes, you can run it on a desktop and/or laptop. If running on a desktop you won't getplatform specific info (e.g. battery & wifi) but you can do RFID development assuming you can attach the RFID reader to you desktop computer.

Thanks,
Lester

Deje un comentario

Por favor inicie sesión para agregar un comentario. ¿No es socio? Únase ya