Stupid VT-d Question

Stupid VT-d Question

I'm interested in implementing Direct Assignment and have been reading with great interest about the VT-d technology for I/O virtualization.

My question is, if I have a VT-x capable processor do I also have a VT-d capable processor? Is VT-d a component of the processor, or a component of the Northbridge chipset? How do I determine, or discover support for VT-d?

Thanks in advance for your time in answering my question.

publicaciones de 4 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

Hypervista,
Your processor is VT-x capable. It is your platform which would be VT-d capable, as the chipset enables VT-d. This chipset will be available very soon, so I do not think your platform is VT-d capable (unless you got an early version from Intel ). I hope this answers your question.
Stev

Thank you Stev! Yes, your response did answer my question.

hmm...I got a another stupid question...what I understand isthat there is no VT-d capable chipset out there yet, then if I make a VMM (hypervisor) on those VT-x capable system, Do I still need to support virtual device and manage each VM's status to guest-VM to work? I just finished VMX operation to work(just VMX-On, Off, VM enter, and exit).. but have no idea what to do to make guest-VM to work... could you give me a hint to create new guest-VM on hosted-VM? where do I have to start? or look up? (ifit's possible, could you give me simple examplecode of start new VM?)

Deje un comentario

Por favor inicie sesión para agregar un comentario. ¿No es socio? Únase ya