Intel Array Visualizer with Excel/VBA

Intel Array Visualizer with Excel/VBA

Hi,

In the past I have been using the compaq array visualizer as an active x control (Avis2D.ocx) in a user form within an excel application. This has worked well for me.

I have recently been shown the Intel visualizer and would like to use this version infurther applications.

It is clear there is a very large difference between the Compaq and the Intel versions. I have tried to play around with the Intel version in VBA but cannot get any form of 2d array to plot.

Is it possible to use the intel version in VBA? And if so,is there any documentation? I have attached the compaq version for your reference so you can see what I am trying to do! Any help would be most appreciated.

publicaciones de 5 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

Hi,

Welcome to the AV forum!

Actually, until your post, I hadn't thought about using the AV controls from VBA. As you pointed out, the Intel AV programming model is very different from Compaq AV. We don't have and specific documentation on using AV with VBA, but basically anything in the OCX or Object Model sections of the documentation should apply.

I've taken your Excel sample and updated it to use Intel AV. Please take a look and let me know if it works for you. There's a lot of opportunities for improvement, but this should be a start. You'll note I've added a "Array Viewer" checkbox that brings up the Viewerto the form. This is something that wouldn't be so easy to do with Compaq AV, but is fairly straightforward with Intel AV. From the Viewer you should be able to save the data and graphs to a file. You can also use edit the graph properties from the Viewer.

John

Here's a screen shot of Excel with the AV graph ocx in a form.

John

Hi John,

Firstly thank you for your reply and the time you spent on my problem. The addition of the viewer to the form was a great idea and gave me a chance to play around with some of the properties available and to get a good idea of what I would like to do with the Intel Visualizer.

I am currently only working on displaying a 2d array. In your updated code, you generated a 3d heightplot. I have tried to change this to a 2d Image but with no success. Any ideas of where I am going wrong? I would really like to creat something like the attached screenshot taken from one of the help files.
A simple 2D image plot with a X and Y axis and a palette representing the values of the array.

I think I will also use the AvGraphSB.ocx instead as I like the idea of being able to zoom and pan.

I am working on something at the moment where an array is being called and updated within excel. The Avslider is great is I can use this create a psuedo animation. On the subject of animations, are there any other features that would be of use to me?

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.

Annabelle.

Hi Annabelle,

Here's a new version that uses the AvGraphSB control and creates image plots rather than the 3d heightplot. I didn't make many changes, just swapped out the AvGraphCtl.ocx for the AvGraphSB.ocx and change the CreateGraph3D call to a CreateGraph2D.

Unfortunately the image plot you get with CreateGraph2D doesn't come with axes or a palette. I'll be looking into updating the options you can pass to CreateGraph2D for a future release.

Your project where you describe sounds interesting. So I guess you have a macro that is updating a 2D range of cell repeatedly? It wouldn't be too hard to create an animation using the AV slider and graph controls. There are some sample data files that might give you some ideas on what you can do (these canall be foundin the array visualizer/Data/HDF5 directory):

In SineCompute.h5, Page1 page, the moving the slider invokes a VBScript function that recomputes the 2D dataset and then updates the graph control.

In Sinxy.h5, Isoplot page, moving the slider invokes a script that just modifies the image plot properties (rather than actually changing the data).

In brain_iso.h5, Image Slice page, the slider selects between a series of 2D datasets, that gets mapped to the control. (There's even an animate button, but I don't think this is going to replace Microsoft's Media Player anytime soon.)

And finally, in astrojet.h5, image slice page, the slider selects a particular 2D slice of a 3D datasets that is displayed.

Anyway, I don't imagine it would be hard to implement any of these techniques using Excel & VBA. You can see the code for any Page object by just right clicking on the page in the Tree pane and selecting "Edit".

John

Inicie sesión para dejar un comentario.