details of "VTUNEDEMO.exe" application required...

details of "VTUNEDEMO.exe" application required...

Hello,
VTune installation directory contains a "ExamplesVTuneDemo" sub directory which contain VTuneDemo application. I want to analyze this application with VTune. To do so I need details of that application. Can any body tell me where can I get those details..?
Regards,
Prasad.

publicaciones de 5 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

Prasad, ExamplesVTuneDemo dir includes also source files. Real "open source"! :-)
Please tell us, what additional details do you need?

Hello dbricker,
I want to know
-what does this VTuneDemo application do
-what are the performance bottlenecks it have
-any demo application might be having some demonistration objectives or goals. So I want to know what are the demonistration objectives/goals on which the VTuneDemo has been prepared...?
Regards,
Prasad.

Imagen de Community Admin

VTuneDemo application demonstrates VTune ability to find bottleneck using all available in VTune profiling methods.

The application contains 4 routines:
test_if - simple matrix operations that use global variable
test_if1 - the same as test_if, but use of local variable instead of global
test_memset - demonstrates, that manually written memset has performance problems, so it better to use memset from "C" runtime library
divd_rout - floating point division - bottleneck of the application

Those routines are run hundreds of times with independent time measurement. Timing results are displayed in the output window.

Hello kdmitry,
Thanks a lot for the information. I will try VTuneDemo sample.
Regards,
Prasad.

Inicie sesión para dejar un comentario.