[Moblin]Supported screen sizes and orientation?

[Moblin]Supported screen sizes and orientation?

Hi, I have some questions related to section UIX01 in the "Application/Component Suitability and Validation Guidelines" document: #1 Can someone explain this phrase: "Must use full screen capabilities that are applicable to the app" ? In the same section I read: "When rotated, the screen must automatically adapt to landscape/portrait size and adjust graphics accordingly". #2 Is it required that all application should be able to run in portrait mode? If yes, how do I verify this since most netbooks does not have any orientation sensor and orientation can not be changed in the screen settings? #3 Which is the minimum screen resolution that MUST be supported? Does this mean that all application should be able to run on MIDs with their limited screen sizes? This might not be a problem for applications with resizeable windows, but applications/games with a fixed window size this is making the development quite difficult since one screen layout might not fit on a MID and we have to implement multiple UIs. /Mathias
publicaciones de 5 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

Hello Mathias,

#1 In general, it states that your applications must have the ability to display in fullscreen.
It also depends on the type of applications you will be developing. For some applications, displaying in fullscreen mode may sometimes be irrelevant.
However we do not see there is any problem if your application is not made to be supported in fullscreen mode.

#2 With respect to rotation, it is a good assumption that Netbooks will not need rotation. I think I would fall back on the notation “where appropriate”, which in this case doesn’t seem so. If and when this application will be modified for a Moblin MID, screen rotation may become an important feature. If your application runs only on Windows, I wouldn’t worry about other form factors at this time.

#3 Checking on this one.

Regards,

Hal G.

Intel® Atom™ Developer Program Team

Thanks for your answer, althought #3 is pending.

The reason why I'm asking is that I want my application to pass the validation, but since the documentation is somewhat ambiguous, things are not always as clear and simple as you would expect.

You are using words like "where appropriate" and "may sometimes be irrelevant", but who knows if that is good enought to pass the exit criteria during validation? The documentation is all I got and it brings up alot of questions.

Just want to be safe before I submit my application before Dec 21st. :)

BR

Mathias

Hello Mathias,

Regarding the screen resolution we don't set exact guidelines. Developers should make clear which devices they want their software to run on, for example Intel Atom based netbooks. As netbooks have different screen sizes from 7" to 10" you need to make sure that your software can automatically fit into the different screen sizes and resolutions. If for example your software doesn't fit into low resolutions on a 7" display you should describe this clearly in the description of your applications so that a customer who buys this software will not be disappointed.

Regards,

Hal G.

Intel® Atom™ Developer Program Team

Just fyi. As a general guideline, we have 1024X600 as our standard resolution for Netbooks in our Lab.

Phoenix
Moblin Enabling Center, Taiwan

Deje un comentario

Por favor inicie sesión para agregar un comentario. ¿No es socio? Únase ya