Not Atom specific question. But related to msi

Not Atom specific question. But related to msi

When deploying a project in Visual Studio 2008, how to link the shortcut on the Desktop to the executable in the applications folder ? So that when I click on the shortcut the application starts up I tried creating a shortcut on the desktop but whenever I click on it after installing the app, it opens the Desktop folder(the folder in which shortcut) was placed. Also is having a shortcut mandatory for approval ?
publicaciones de 6 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

Hello,

Without a shortcut most users won't be able to start your application. Please try your best to make your software easy to use otherwise it will not be very sucessful.

More information here:
http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/article/packaging-requirements

Best Regards,

Andre B.

Intel® Atom™ Developer Program

Observer,

Very simple. Right click on your setup project in the solutions explorer. Choose "View -> File System".

Next, right click on the Application Folder, and choose "Add Project Output". Then repeat and Add File for your Icon.

Next, Click on Users Desktop, then right click to create a new shortcut. This shortcut should point to the "Project Output" for your application project. Also setup the icon for this new shortcut.

Next, Click on Users Programs Menu, and right click to create a new folder, then right click to create a new shortcut. This shortcut should point to the "Project Output" for your application project. Also setup this shortcuts icon.

Please let me know how that works for you.

One of our apps was rejected for missing a start menu shortcut, so it appears that is mandatory for approval. You do not need a desktop icon, but probably want to add one. Doing that passed validation for us.

--
Jeremy Wadsack
GrandeMocha, LLC

Thank Jeremy for the response. Our app just moved to Binary Validation phase. So we thought we will wait a day or two.

How many days did it take from Binary Validation started to approval/rejection ?
So after you resubmitted your app, how many days did it take for approval ?

Some of our apps were approved in three days from when they reached Binary Validation, some longer. Our components have been in Binary Validation phase for over a week and waiting.

--
Jeremy Wadsack
GrandeMocha, LLC

Inicie sesión para dejar un comentario.