starting the ATDS and Stopping the ATDS

starting the ATDS and Stopping the ATDS

Imagen de SriniAtomDeveloper
Starting the ATDS ( runATDS ) and Stopping the ATDS( stopATDS ) is the recommended approach but manually starting them and stopping them is involved with issues and prone to errors. Rather it would be good if the Application internally starts ATDS before the call to ADP_Initialize() then it would be good So before the App calls ADP_Initialize() function the App should instead call CreateProcess() or CreateProcessEx() or ShellExecuteEx() functions likewise after checking the return value of ADP_Close() then the stopATDS must be called if(ret_code == ADP_SUCCESS) { // call stopATDS() HERE } Please do give me your views regarding this Regards, Srinivasan
publicaciones de 9 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.
Imagen de Chandra Destiawan

I think there's no use if you were using Intel Atom processor. It's only useful for debugging in other type of processor

Imagen de BrianDevArch

Chandra,

ATDS runs well on the ATOM processor, if it did not we would be in a difficult situation. With the advent of the Beta Testing functionality, there is less of a dependence on ATDS when preparing for application submission. Best of luck!

Imagen de Chandra Destiawan

So, does it mean that we still need ATDS working even when we build an application in Intel Atom based hardware?
My first assumption is ATDS are some kind like device-emulator. Am I right?

CMIIW

Imagen de Andre (Intel)

Hello Chandra,

the ATDS is a emulator of the backend server infrastructure of the Intel® Atom™ Developer Program which validates the GUID when you launch an application/component installed from the Intel® AppUp(SM) Center.

In order to use the ATDS you need to use the Debug GUID in your software. Once you want to submit your software for validation just replace the Debug GUID with the production GUID, recompile and submit your file.

For more details please check the documentation which comes with the SDK.

Best Regards,

Andre B.

Technical Support Team
Intel® Atom™ Developer Program
Intel® AppUp(SM) Center

Imagen de BrianDevArch

ATDS is more or less a system emulator.

It provides the emulated authentication gateway, allowing your application to run without the AppUp program + submission process. I consider it a phase 1 testing tool. Once you have your app authenticating against ATDS successfully, you can move forward with a Beta Test using your Dashboard. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Imagen de Mobile 1UP

>> Please do give me your views regarding this

you should only use startATDS and stopATDS for testing if the authentication API's work in your development environment. you should NEVER integrate them into your application - especially within the code that will end up with end-users. the end users will have a background service running; which will be deployed with the intel application store - which will allow developers to validate purchases. you only need to run the ATDS daemon while developing; as the intel application store doesn't exist yet.

if you want to avoid starting it every time; simply start it when your computer boots up. you don't need to shut it down at all.

// Aaron Ardiri
Mobile 1UP
http://www.mobile1up.com/

Imagen de BrianDevArch

+1 to what Aaron suggested. I would also add that you can start ATDS using build events.

More info here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ke5z92ks.aspx

Imagen de Michael Kasprzak

Starting it manually and minimizing the window isn't a bad thing either. After all, what we're doing is virtually testing if the App Authentication client is working with our app. The default failing behavior you get by forgetting to start it is a nice reminder that your code is working. It's free QA through negligence. ;)

Inicie sesión para dejar un comentario.