Resume Beta Test is Failing

Resume Beta Test is Failing

Imagen de scott-anderson
We are trying to upload a file and resume beta testing, however I have stumbled on to an issue I have not had in the passed. 1) Upload file - successful 2) Go to Beta Test 3) Select Resume Beta Test 4) Email dialog appears. 5) Select Send (system tries to do something and then a 404 error is generated) 6) Select Send again (email dailog opens up File dialog and wants to attach a file to the email) The file has already been uploaded. If I go ahead and reselect the file it uploads again. But I can not get out of this loop. That is I can never change the status of Beta Ended to Beta Started This has happened several times now. And when I log off and back on the status for the Beta Test is Ended. I can not resume a beta test at this time. Can someone check and make sure that an issue on the server side is not the problem. Thanks
publicaciones de 10 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.
Imagen de BrianDevArch

Scott,

Although I can not test that use case at the moment as non of my entries are in that status, I can tell you that I saw several anomalies with the website within the last hour. These were intermittent 404 and error pages mentioning "AGR Integrator". So yes, it does seem that something is/was going on with the website. My suggestion would be to try again in an hour or so.

Imagen de DG Rooven (Intel)

Scott/Brian,

Thank you all for reporting this.

I will investigate further and escalate it to the concerned department.
I just tested it and I was able to successfully added 3 beta testers. I did not receive any errors while sending the invitation, I can admit it does take some time though (on the dialog box). However only one of the 3 testers received the email. I am still waiting for the others to receive the email.

I am investigating this particular issue. I will get back to your when I get more updates.

Regards
Rooven

Intel® Customer Support
Intel® Atom™ Developer Program
Intel® AppUp(SM) Center

Regards, DG Rooven

All,

I have done some more tests.
Only one of my 3 beta tester initially the invitation email.

I then, end the beta test. This one beta tester again received the email notifying the the Beta test has now ended.
Then, I Resume the Beta Test: this time all 3 beta testers received the invitation email invitation.

However, none of the beta testers could see the application under pending downloads when logged-in to the AppUp(SM).

I will escalate it to the concerned department for further considerations.

Regards
Rooven

Intel® Customer Support
Intel® AppUp(SM) Center

Regards, DG Rooven
Imagen de BrianDevArch

Rooven,

Just a quick status update from my side. The site seemed to return to normal after another hour or so. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Brian,

Thanks for the update.
Yes, it does appear to be a bit an on-off issue (random). Sometimes working sometimes not working, with no specific reason yet.
I escalated it so that the backend team can investigate.

Regards
Rooven

Intel® Customer Support
Intel® AppUp(SM) Center

Regards, DG Rooven
Imagen de scott-anderson

It still doesnt work. The file is uploaded. But anytime I try to resume the beta site I get a 404 the first time it tries to notify my beta list and the second time it opens up the file to re-upload. Throw in the occasional 500 error and the email notificaiton failures, the beta test site has been less than useful over the last month with its various issues.

At this point our comany has spent too much time on just trying to use the Ap Store beta system. We have to punt and hopefully in a month or two we can re-engage.

Thanks anyway

PS the application is uploaded. We just can not resume the beta test without the sundry of errors and endless recursive loops.

Imagen de BrianDevArch

Scott,

While I understand your frustration, would you be willing to try something for me?

1.) Ensure you are using IE 7 or better
2.) Rename your MSI prior to uploading. In other words do not try to upload using the MSI filename you have used on prior attempts.

Please let me know if that alleviates anybody your current troubles. If not, I am sure Intel will work to get to the botttom of this situation.

Imagen de scott-anderson

Well after about a week of issues everything seems to be behaving normally now. I can use my existing project, upload, and send out email notifications. Not sure if there was an update to the back-end. Just wanted to let you know that my issues with the Beta Site seemed to have resolved themsevles this AM.

Imagen de BrianDevArch

Scott,

The folks responsible for the website are continually working on improvements. Glad to hear all is well now, best of luck.

Inicie sesión para dejar un comentario.